Vallet, Nicolas - Allemande Fortune hélas pourquoy-lute Video - No file

Messages that are no longer relevant because their authors or moderators have removed text or attachments.
Forum rules
Messages that are no longer relevant because their authors or moderators have removed text or attachments.
Valéry Sauvage

Vallet, Nicolas - Allemande Fortune hélas pourquoy-lute Video - No file

Post by Valéry Sauvage » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:37 am

A beautiful Allemande by Vallet, one of my favorite by him, but difficult one...
V.

http://www.vimeo.com/1750638
Count Basie: I don't worry about virtuosity. I do what I like to do. If I'm a virtuoso, that's great. If not, I'm doing what I like to do.

Azalais

Re: Vallet, Nicolas - Allemande Fortune hélas pourquoy - lute

Post by Azalais » Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:20 pm

Luthval your left hand had me mesmerized the first few times I watched... I didn't dare look away to watch your right hand till the third repetition! I hope that people appreciate how difficult it is to play this with such precision and perfect tone on double strings... not to mention at that speed!! I confess that I finally had to close my eyes to be able to really appreciate the "music"...
What a beautiful piece! Played so well.

[perhaps I should post one of my less-than-perfect beginner vihuela attempts... just to show people the not-so obvious difficulties that you have mastered! :oops: tangled fingers landing and getting stuck between the double strings, thumb twangs, dead notes, bass notes that don't last... missed shifts, plucking the wrong pair of string, less than perfect tone, etc, etc... :( ]

Thank you Luthval... you always inspire me to keep trying... :bye:

Valéry Sauvage

Post by Valéry Sauvage » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:01 pm

Hi Az, thanks a lot... I'm working so hard on this one, since such a long time... but I made it (could be better, it always could be better... arghhhh !!! you know what I mean.)
Post your vids on Vimeo, don't tell anyone except me ;-)

Valéry 8)
Count Basie: I don't worry about virtuosity. I do what I like to do. If I'm a virtuoso, that's great. If not, I'm doing what I like to do.

Vesuvio

Post by Vesuvio » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:33 pm

Hello Valéry,

Fantastic! It looks so very hard but your work is beautiful to watch—and to hear,

Best wishes, V :) :) :merci: :bravo:
"There are only two things worth aiming for, good music and a clean conscience." Paul Hindemith

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:22 pm

Bravo, Val! A beautiful piece, and played with such great skill! :merci:

Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

Valéry Sauvage

Post by Valéry Sauvage » Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:18 am

Thanks Geoff and V. ;-)
I don't know if there is any transcription of Vallet's music for guitar ? (and of this one ? even there are extra basses, but if it is not a problem with Bach music, why not transcribe Vallet, OK OK Vallet is not Bach, I know ;-) )
Valéry

Erik Zurcher

Post by Erik Zurcher » Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:53 pm

Lovely music, Luthval. You make it sound so easy.
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

anatem

Post by anatem » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:45 am

great as usual, always enjoy watching your videos, the music and the setting belnd it very nicely together for that renaissance feeling :D

Return to “Archives - link maintenance”