[PDF] Schiffelholz, J. P. - Gallichon Duo II, Presto - No file

Messages that are no longer relevant because their authors or moderators have removed text or attachments.
Forum rules
Messages that are no longer relevant because their authors or moderators have removed text or attachments.
leo weier

[PDF] Schiffelholz, J. P. - Gallichon Duo II, Presto - No file

Post by leo weier » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:32 am

Hallo to you all,
this is a short example from the Dresden Gallichon Duos written by german composer Johann Paul Schiffelholz. It is a part of 5 duos written in french tablature. They can be found at "Sächsische Landesbibliothek Dresden". As it is my first attempt to transcribe for two guitars: please have a look at it and let me know if something is unusual. Any critics, advices and some help from you is appreciated!!!

Greetings Leo

pogmoor

Re: [PDF] Schiffelholz, J. P. - Gallichon Duo II, Presto [2]

Post by pogmoor » Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:05 am

Hello Leo, I think you've made an excellent job of this arrangement. It is clear and well set out; the fingerings are easy to read and make good sense.

I have an edition (the Ruggero Chiesa transcription from Edizioni Suivini Zerboni - Milano) of another of Schiffelholtz's sonatas (which is in D, but a fairly similar piece) and I must say your arrangement looks neater and easier to read. Did you use Finale?

The only thing I'd be tempted to try and do would be either to try and get it all on 3 pages, or to make the end of the first section the end of a page. This way the players don't have to make page turns in the middle of a musical phrase.

Are you going to publish the rest of the suite on Delcamp? I'd certainly like to play it with my duet partner.
Eric from GuitarLoot
Renaissance and Baroque freak; classical guitars by Lester Backshall (2008), Ramirez (Guitarra del Tiempo 2017),
Yamaha (SLG 130NW silent classical guitar 2014).

leo weier

Post by leo weier » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:40 am

Hi Eric,
thanks for your comments. I don´t use Finale but Tabledit and that causes some problems with the layout of the pages. I will look forward to change the layout in the way you asked for. And yes, i will publish the rest of the suite -Allegro moderato and Adagio- as soon as possible. I have to revise it and have to add the fingerings and i am sure you know what a boring job it is. I´m going to publish all five suites in the near future. I just ordered copies of it at Dresden Museum and they told me it could last 6 to 8 weeks to get it. So be a bit patient, please.
btw: i took a look at your website - well done, Eric, well done! I will be there more often in the future and check it out.

Greetings from Germany (that is pretty cold at these days)

Leo

pogmoor

Post by pogmoor » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:06 am

Thanks for your kind comment. I look forward to the rest of the suite. I'm impressed by how good the output is from TablEdit :)
Eric from GuitarLoot
Renaissance and Baroque freak; classical guitars by Lester Backshall (2008), Ramirez (Guitarra del Tiempo 2017),
Yamaha (SLG 130NW silent classical guitar 2014).

avoz

Post by avoz » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:46 pm

Thanks a lot for posting this - I have three of these sonatas in the Ruggiero Chiesa edition (Edizioni Suvini Zerboni, Milano) - No's 1, 3 and 4 and clearly you have chosen this movement from either No. 2, 5 or 6. Being tuneful and easy to play, they are useful in teaching 1st-2nd year students.

leo weier

Post by leo weier » Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:41 pm

Hi,
i deleted the attachment and posted a new file where you can find the complete score.

Greetings Leo

Return to “Archives - link maintenance”