Sor, Fernando - op.01/01 - Video - No file

Messages that are no longer relevant because their authors or moderators have removed text or attachments.
Forum rules
Messages that are no longer relevant because their authors or moderators have removed text or attachments.
dofrenzy

Sor, Fernando - op.01/01 - Video - No file

Post by dofrenzy » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:58 pm

A little recording I made when I was selling the guitar. Thought I might share it here.....you don't hear much about Sor's Opus 1, so some users might consider this a little treat. Enjoy!

mjbindy

Re: Sor, Fernando - Op. 1 No. 1

Post by mjbindy » Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:51 pm

Thanks for sharing.

I am currently working on the opus 1 Divermenti. You have played the Andante well; which is harder than it looks. The anticipation notes really make this piece (IMHO). Try holding onto the anticipatory notes then finalize with the tonic for a bit on anticipation (The last bar for instance, good example) and add a bit of inflection in the repeat sections.

The Allegretto in this Opus is really beautiful, also.

cheers
Matt
Last edited by mjbindy on Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

serl

Post by serl » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:02 pm

Nice one, never heard this before :merci:

Vesuvio

Post by Vesuvio » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:30 pm

Hi Dofrenzy,

Thank you very much for the opportunity to hear you play this—I enjoyed it,

All the best, V :) :merci:
"There are only two things worth aiming for, good music and a clean conscience." Paul Hindemith

dofrenzy

Post by dofrenzy » Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:58 pm

mjbindy wrote:Thanks for sharing.

I am currently working on the opus 1 Divermentis, currently. You have played the Andante well; which is harder than it looks. The anticipation notes really make this piece (IMHO). Try holding onto the anticipatory notes then finalize with the tonic for a bit on anticipation (The last bar for instance, good example) and add a bit of inflection in the repeat sections.

The Allegretto in this Opus is really beautiful, also.

cheers
Matt
Thanks Matt. I appreciate your suggestions. I'll give them a shot. I certainly agree that the piece will benefit from being played a little less "straight"!

Yes! The Allegretto is wonderful. It's on my "to play" list! So much music........

Thanks again Matt!

dofrenzy

Post by dofrenzy » Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:10 pm

lazy_s wrote:Nice one, never heard this before :merci:
I'm pleased to know I am your introduction to this piece. I found it's absence on YouTube unacceptable! Looks like there are others there now though, if you search for Sor Divertissiment or Divertimento.

Glad you enjoyed it!

dofrenzy

Post by dofrenzy » Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:17 pm

Vesuvio wrote:Hi Dofrenzy,

Thank you very much for the opportunity to hear you play this—I enjoyed it,

All the best, V :) :merci:
I appreciate your comment Vesuvio. Thank you! I always had trouble finding recordings of this and it seemed a good opportunity to provide a little service to anyone wondering what it sounds like. I mean, who-in-their-right-mind wouldn't want to hear Op. 1 No. 1 by Fernando Sor? hey, maybe I'll corner the market of people who have been playing Classical guitar for 10 or 20 years and suddenly say to themselves, "What does Sor Op. 1 No. 1 sound like?" :wink:

Erik Zurcher

Post by Erik Zurcher » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:22 pm

Lovely dofrenzy. Thank you for posting. I enjoyed every second of it. This is the first time I heard this piece and I thought I knew all of Sor's pieces.
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

dofrenzy

Post by dofrenzy » Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:18 pm

e.zurcher wrote:Lovely dofrenzy. Thank you for posting. I enjoyed every second of it. This is the first time I heard this piece and I thought I knew all of Sor's pieces.
Thank you e.zurcher. So glad you enjoyed it! Opus 1 has a gem or two. My personal favorite from this opus is No. 3, Larghetto.

Return to “Archives - link maintenance”