Newsidler, Hans - Welscher Tantz, Wascha Mesa - lute Video - No file

Messages that are no longer relevant because their authors or moderators have removed text or attachments.
Forum rules
Messages that are no longer relevant because their authors or moderators have removed text or attachments.
Valéry Sauvage

Newsidler, Hans - Welscher Tantz, Wascha Mesa - lute Video - No file

Post by Valéry Sauvage » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:41 pm

Famous one. Wescher tantz, Wascha mesa, und der hupff auff by Hans Newsidler (1536) Some words on the title, welscher means stranger (apply to french, Italian or swiss for the german...) wascha mesa is miprint for the italian dance form of Passamezzo (the ground of this dance is a passamezzo antico). Der hupff auff is the triple part at the end of the dance, as often in old dances there is a binary part and a triple one (pavan & saltarello, or galliard, or bassedance and tourdion for example)
This has NOTHING to do with washerwomen, as I read here or there. The washerwomen bransle is another tune much later, in Thoinot Arbeau "Orchesographie".

http://www.vimeo.com/3186582
Count Basie: I don't worry about virtuosity. I do what I like to do. If I'm a virtuoso, that's great. If not, I'm doing what I like to do.

Dom95

Re: Newsidler, Hans - Welscher Tantz, Wascha Mesa - lute

Post by Dom95 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:40 pm

:bravo: ! :bravo:
Dominique

Vesuvio

Post by Vesuvio » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:10 pm

Hi Valéry,

That was delightful, thank you very much,

All the best, V :D
"There are only two things worth aiming for, good music and a clean conscience." Paul Hindemith

Valéry Sauvage

Post by Valéry Sauvage » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:13 pm

Thanks V and Dominique ;-)
Val
Count Basie: I don't worry about virtuosity. I do what I like to do. If I'm a virtuoso, that's great. If not, I'm doing what I like to do.

Azalais

Post by Azalais » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:25 pm

:bravo: Sorry that I missed this when you first posted it :oops:

So much energy! I love it Luthval... It makes me want to get up and skip around the room... :D

Valéry Sauvage

Post by Valéry Sauvage » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:37 pm

Azalais wrote::bravo: Sorry that I missed this when you first posted it :oops:

So much energy! I love it Luthval... It makes me want to get up and skip around the room... :D
Just do it, please ! (and I want the video !!!)
V.

Azalais

Post by Azalais » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:15 pm

:grire: Maybe we should collaborate on a comedy song and dance routine like Sting and Alessandra Ferri :wink:

Valéry Sauvage

Post by Valéry Sauvage » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:33 pm

Azalais wrote::grire: Maybe we should collaborate on a comedy song and dance routine like Sting and Alessandra Ferri :wink:
LOL you want me to play lute without shirt ? NO WAY !!!
V. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Azalais

Post by Azalais » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:07 pm

Well these days I would only dare to wear my toe shoes as rabbit ears... otherwise I might break my ankles... so perhaps you could find a tight beige T-shirt... :wink:

Boulou

Post by Boulou » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:44 am

Which dexterity and speed of the fingers, that impresses me and me fascine really…

Luthval cheer and thank you

Valéry Sauvage

Post by Valéry Sauvage » Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:29 pm

Take care Boulou, you're falling on the dark side, starts with a romantic guitar, ends with a lute... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
:lol:
Val

Boulou

Post by Boulou » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:12 pm

Luthval wrote:Take care Boulou, you're falling on the dark side, starts with a romantic guitar, ends with a lute... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
:lol:
Val

:P Well is Luthval, for very saying to you, it what I would like, from here a few times of course… :roll: the lute is an instrument which attracts me but I have already to seek… not teacher in my area :cry: … that to make…??? Image

Valéry Sauvage

Post by Valéry Sauvage » Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:16 pm

Hey, just take your car and come here, i'll give you some lessons ;-) (once a month... In Toulouse, when I was student, there were some spanish people coming for the lute classes form far away...)
V. 8)

Boulou

Post by Boulou » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:15 am

It is really very nice of your share, but Poitou, it is nevertheless not the door at side… :lol: :lol: But which says that our ways will not cross a day…!!!
Thank you Val

Valéry Sauvage

Post by Valéry Sauvage » Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:12 pm

Boulou wrote: But which says that our ways will not cross a day…!!!
I hope so, then bring your romantic guitar, we will do some Carulli's duets... (or Sor...)
Did you see my last video :
viewtopic.php?f=72&t=38127#p404249
;-)
Val

Return to “Archives - link maintenance”