Narvaez, Luys de - Fantasia del quarto tono - lute Video - No file

Messages that are no longer relevant because their authors or moderators have removed text or attachments.
Forum rules
Messages that are no longer relevant because their authors or moderators have removed text or attachments.
Valéry Sauvage

Narvaez, Luys de - Fantasia del quarto tono - lute Video - No file

Post by Valéry Sauvage » Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:51 pm

Luys de Narváez : "Los seys libros del delphin de música de cifra para tañer vihuela".
This fantasia is in book two, but also in Morlaye's "tablature de luth", so vihuela music was often played also on lute...

http://www.vimeo.com/3198000
Count Basie: I don't worry about virtuosity. I do what I like to do. If I'm a virtuoso, that's great. If not, I'm doing what I like to do.

Valéry Sauvage

Re: Narvaez, Luys - Fantasia del quarto tono - lute

Post by Valéry Sauvage » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:06 pm

The score for this one is in PDF vol 5 pages 8-9... (Fantaisie X)
"avis aux amateurs" !
V.
Count Basie: I don't worry about virtuosity. I do what I like to do. If I'm a virtuoso, that's great. If not, I'm doing what I like to do.

mjbindy

Post by mjbindy » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:14 pm

Thanks! I was just wondering about the score :lol:

Thank you for sharing your video...

Azalais

Post by Azalais » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:42 pm

Merci Luthval! :casque:

Luthval, I have always known that you were clairvoyant... This piece has very special meaning for me, and it's fun to hear it today (090213). I am still trying to master the art of plucking the first two notes! :P

Valéry Sauvage

Post by Valéry Sauvage » Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:45 am

Dear Az, I was waiting to have a vihuela to record again all my spanish renaissance music, but I'm afraid I'll never get one, so I'm starting again to record on the lute... So soon some more Narvaez, Milan Mudarra etc... ;-)

Mjbindy, I'm waiting for your video on this one, of course !
V.

agulay

Post by agulay » Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:17 pm

I think I've never heard of that beautiful melody..I would never noticed the attractiveness of lute if hadn't shared these valuable videos..Thank you for sharing.. :)

I wonder something..Is memorizing the notes a must for en expert player? I mean do you think you have to memorize the whole notes of a piece before performing it? Reading the notes from the papers something shameful? I don't mean to keep the note papers around you because you could have a look at if you forget some parts of the piece..I mean just playing at the same time reading the notes..

Valéry Sauvage

Post by Valéry Sauvage » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:42 pm

Thanks for the comment,
About memorizing, I don't think we have to, and it is not a shame to read notes or tabs. Many great players are doing so... Do you see symphonic orchestra playing by memory ??? I never saw... so ?
;-)
Val

agulay

Post by agulay » Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:04 pm

Thanks for answering me Luthval;

No doubt you're completely right about the symphonic orchestra :)
When I practice on a new piece,I give up practicing on it just after memorizing the whole notes..I think I accept memorizing them as efficiency..And of course the pieces I work on are not the ones which consist too many notes though :) So; I'm happy to not to be obligated memorizing..Thanks! :)

Return to “Archives - link maintenance”