Narváez, Luys de - La Cancion del Emperador - D05 Lute Video - No file

Messages that are no longer relevant because their authors or moderators have removed text or attachments.
Forum rules
Messages that are no longer relevant because their authors or moderators have removed text or attachments.
Vito Simplicio
Composer

Re: Narváez, Luys de - La Cancion del Emperador - Lute

Post by Vito Simplicio » Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:59 pm

This is quite a lovely piece, Val, and you play it with such emotion. My biggest complaint about you it that I have trouble keeping up with all of your video contributions. :lol:

I notice most lute players do not play by memory. Why is that?

Vito
( vitO )===:::

Oberg (2008)
Takamine C136S (1977)

Classical Guitar Forum

Valéry Sauvage

Post by Valéry Sauvage » Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:44 pm

Simplicio wrote:
I notice most lute players do not play by memory. Why is that?

Vito
Should we ?
Well too much repertoire and sometimes too similar to learn by heard and not mix... I know some pieces by heart but not so much... And pieces are not so long so no problem of turns (the main reason for a guitarist to learn by heart is to avoid pages turn, no ? why do not ask friendly people to turn pages like pianists ???
And also orchestral musicians play with score too, I never saw a second violin playing a symphony by heart (only some rare soloist, and not all)
;-)
Val
Count Basie: I don't worry about virtuosity. I do what I like to do. If I'm a virtuoso, that's great. If not, I'm doing what I like to do.

Boulou

Post by Boulou » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:16 am

Luthval wrote:Thanks Aykuth ;-)
Hé Boulou...I post a serie of spanish music videos here... ;-) (il y a une série de vidéos de musique espagnole postée ici... je ne mets pas tout sur le forum français...)
V.
Thanks Luthval

I go gone to see that…

But that by way of things to be seen, I was also registered on the Spanish forum then I discover gradually but I spend a little time because it is necessary me to translate. :wink:
:bye:

Return to “Archives - link maintenance”