Valderrábano, Enríquez - Fantasia 2 - lute Video - No file

Messages that are no longer relevant because their authors or moderators have removed text or attachments.
Forum rules
Messages that are no longer relevant because their authors or moderators have removed text or attachments.
Valéry Sauvage

Valderrábano, Enríquez - Fantasia 2 - lute Video - No file

Post by Valéry Sauvage » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:30 am

Another spanish vihuelist, Valderrábano (less known than Milan or Narvaez, but very interesting too... Here is a simple fantasia from the book "Silva de Sirenas, 1547.

http://www.vimeo.com/3265901
Count Basie: I don't worry about virtuosity. I do what I like to do. If I'm a virtuoso, that's great. If not, I'm doing what I like to do.

agulay

Re: Valderrábano, Enríquez - Fantasia (2) - lute

Post by agulay » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:10 pm

This work has a poetical quailty! It has been my new addiction to check out what's new in that forum directly I wake up :)

Valéry Sauvage

Post by Valéry Sauvage » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:41 pm

I agree with you about poetical quality, It is the first work by this author I play, I have to check other pieces by him...
V. ;-)
Count Basie: I don't worry about virtuosity. I do what I like to do. If I'm a virtuoso, that's great. If not, I'm doing what I like to do.

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:52 pm

What a lovely piece, Val. I could listen to this over and over (in fact I just have).

:merci:

Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

Vesuvio

Post by Vesuvio » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:14 am

Hello Valéry,

This is most enjoyable—many thanks,

All the best, V :) :merci:
"There are only two things worth aiming for, good music and a clean conscience." Paul Hindemith

Valéry Sauvage

Post by Valéry Sauvage » Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:45 am

I think Valderrabano deserves to be known as Narvaez or Milan and Mudarra... Some new territory to discover.
V.

Boulou

Post by Boulou » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:34 am

It is resting, it is an enchantment for the ears. All my admiration.

Luthval cheer

Valéry Sauvage

Post by Valéry Sauvage » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:46 am

Thanks Boulou ;-) I'm know waiting to order a vihuela, then I'll record again all the spanish treasures (but the waiting list of the maker is so long...)
Valéry

Boulou

Post by Boulou » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:16 pm

Luthval wrote:Thanks Boulou ;-) I'm know waiting to order a vihuela, then I'll record again all the spanish treasures (but the waiting list of the maker is so long...)
Valéry
Waouh… a vihuela… well, that by way of cords with your arc… :lol: :lol: Is it an instrument close to the technical Lute side??
Thank you Valéry

Valéry Sauvage

Post by Valéry Sauvage » Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:17 pm

Boulou wrote:
Luthval wrote:Thanks Boulou ;-) I'm know waiting to order a vihuela, then I'll record again all the spanish treasures (but the waiting list of the maker is so long...)
Valéry
Waouh… a vihuela… well, that by way of cords with your arc… :lol: :lol: Is it an instrument close to the technical Lute side??
Thank you Valéry
Yes, vihuela is closer to the lute than to the guitar (same tuning, double strings...)
V.

Boulou

Re: Valderrábano, Enríquez - Fantasia 2 - lute

Post by Boulou » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:07 am

Ok, I looked a one on youtube
Merci Val

Return to “Archives - link maintenance”