please delete my account and all posts - [Request cancelled]

Topics archived from Public Space and its subforums after a long period of inactivity, or redundant for some other reason. This section is read-only.
Forum rules
Topics archived from Public Space and its subforums after a long period of inactivity, or redundant for some other reason. This section is read-only.
acmost9

Re: please delete my account and all posts

Post by acmost9 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:12 pm

I go with this, the bottomline with most everything is...not everybody likes the same thing. That's what makes the world go 'round. I accept it and nobody's feelings get hurt. YMMV of course.

simonm

Post by simonm » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:06 pm

AndreiKrylov wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:19 pm
Thanks for your best wishes and nice words friends! Some explanation why did I decide to leave...
Sometimes I think that modern Music education have one big problem - it instill fear in souls of those who study... fear of making mistake, fear of not following or breaking certain rule, fear of doing "something wrong"...we start our music journeys in life as a beautiful way to express ourselves via the magic of the sound! yet very often after years of music studies, miracle of Music, magic of sound, which full of Free will and passions, Emotions and Love - replaced by strict mathematical calculations, precise movements, devoid of all magic felt before... why is that? Why can't we teach technical skills in a such way in which freedom of expression and creativity would not be destroyed in the process? I amazed to meet many purely "classical" musicians who absolutely unable to improvise or to create their own music text... even in the areas where it seems quite easy to do... and often seems like fear, instilled in them in years of study overwhelmed other feelings regarding music creation...We need to change music education! We need to fill it with personal freedom and creativity! We need to support individuality and originality, rather than to suppress it!
P.S. that is one of the reasons why I left "classical guitar" forum... I felt that after years of my preaching this message there were more and more people following "standard" "traditional" way and my writings were like cry of one man in the desert... and I could not change anything there....except to feel more and more rejected by absolute majority...
Great post.

Andrei, I know that a lot of people, well me at least, would agree very much you. In fact some would generalize this description to today's education in general: the replacement of education with "schooling" where schooling more of less a "Pavlov's Dogs" type of process. :-)

a human

Post by a human » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:38 am

If there was only one way to do something, we would only need one person to do it. Years ago, I attended a horse clinic where the instructor frequently said, "This is what works for me ..." and he would offer a pearl. The best thing I learned was to ask, "What works for me?" The road of any endeavor is littered with pearls. We have only to choose the ones that work for us.

Long about way of saying I will miss seeing your perspective here, if you decide to go.
1965 Krempel Classical (660ish mm)
The rest come and go.

HNLim

Post by HNLim » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:49 am

It's like trying to change the Chinese from eating with chopsticks. Is eating with fork, spoon and knife the only way to eat? BTW many of my Malay and Indian friends eat with their hands.
1980 Yamaha GC30A - BRW/Spruce
2006 Yamaha GC70 - BRW/ Spruce
2015 Sen #5 - BRW/Spruce
2017 LHN - BRW/Spruce

Philosopherguy

Post by Philosopherguy » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:53 pm

AndreiKrylov wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:19 pm
Thanks for your best wishes and nice words friends! Some explanation why did I decide to leave...
Sometimes I think that modern Music education have one big problem - it instill fear in souls of those who study... fear of making mistake, fear of not following or breaking certain rule, fear of doing "something wrong"...we start our music journeys in life as a beautiful way to express ourselves via the magic of the sound! yet very often after years of music studies, miracle of Music, magic of sound, which full of Free will and passions, Emotions and Love - replaced by strict mathematical calculations, precise movements, devoid of all magic felt before... why is that? Why can't we teach technical skills in a such way in which freedom of expression and creativity would not be destroyed in the process? I amazed to meet many purely "classical" musicians who absolutely unable to improvise or to create their own music text... even in the areas where it seems quite easy to do... and often seems like fear, instilled in them in years of study overwhelmed other feelings regarding music creation...We need to change music education! We need to fill it with personal freedom and creativity! We need to support individuality and originality, rather than to suppress it!
P.S. that is one of the reasons why I left "classical guitar" forum... I felt that after years of my preaching this message there were more and more people following "standard" "traditional" way and my writings were like cry of one man in the desert... and I could not change anything there....except to feel more and more rejected by absolute majority...
I know what you are saying Andrei. However, in life we often have people who just like to blow-hard and want everyone to follow their rules. Forget them. Just stick to what you do best and enlighten those of us who care to listen.

There are plenty of dogmatic people in the world and it's really not worth worrying about. Just because this is so, doesn't mean we should withdraw from the world and not face up to those who would try and bully/protest against our opinions. If you leave, they have won! Don't let anyone discourage you from your mission in life: to make great music and to share that music and experience with people who care to listen. You are here, on this board, with people who are, in some ways, on that same journey. Enjoy the fellowship of people who love guitars and the music they make!

I listen to your posts. I think you have experience and passion for the guitar. Not everyone will agree with you all the time. That is par for the course. In my occupation, 90% of the people I deal with despise me in one way or another. I am in law enforcement and I am the last person people want to see. But, I do it because that is my job. I don't care that not everyone agrees with me. Drive on man!

Sometimes it's better just to agree with people to disagree and move on.

Martin
2013 Ramirez 130 Anos - Spruce
2013 Ramirez 4NE - Cedar
1998 Dean Harrington - Spruce
1977 Kuniharu Nobe - Spruce
1971 Yamaha GC3 - Spruce

Leo Apray

Post by Leo Apray » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:16 pm

Hi Andrei,
I just want to let you know, that I do really appreciate your contributions in the forum very much.
Leo

AndreiKrylov

Post by AndreiKrylov » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:40 pm

Thanks for your comments, friends!
Yes... it is difficult and sometimes feeling useless...but maybe not..
My quest in Classical guitar world is not about standing or sitting with guitar as many may think...
Standing is good for some but for some sitting is fine. This is probably issue about health, but not much about ART itself.
I see more fundamental problem in general approach to guitar activities and guitar education, as well as in other instruments education in field of Music.
Copying and repetition is certainly organic and important part of it, but should be the main purpose of it...as it basically perceived now.
I see ART of Music is more similar to Art of Painting rather than only to Art of performance.
Our world is changing fast and drastically, and because of technological revolution we have such possibilities of self-expression and creativity which never existed before.! Yet classical guitar culture seems still mainly evolving around repetition, copying and performance of small, limited number of (nice) pieces...and not Art where everybody expected to share their own music ideas, passions and thoughts...
That is my Quest: - to change the whole global attitude in our Art! from copying as an ultimate purpose - to creation and self -expression!
Therefore I will stay... so please close this theme.
Sorry for ...trouble...

edcat7

Post by edcat7 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:10 pm

AndreiKrylov wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:40 pm
My quest in Classical guitar world is not about standing or sitting with guitar as many may think...
Standing is good for some but for some sitting is fine. This is probably issue about health, but not much about ART itself.
I see more fundamental problem in general approach to guitar activities and guitar education, as well as in other instruments education in field of Music.
Copying and repetition is certainly organic and important part of it, but should be the main purpose of it...as it basically perceived now.
I see ART of Music is more similar to Art of Painting rather than only to Art of performance.
Our world is changing fast and drastically, and because of technological revolution we have such possibilities of self-expression and creativity which never existed before.! Yet classical guitar culture seems still mainly evolving around repetition, copying and performance of small, limited number of (nice) pieces...and not Art where everybody expected to share their own music ideas, passions and thoughts...
That is my Quest: - to change the whole global attitude in our Art! from copying as an ultimate purpose - to creation and self -expression!
Sorry for ...trouble...
You made good points that I never thought about. I'm glad you're staying.
Remember Anthony Weller, please help. Contact myself or Aaron Green for details.

Justfun

Post by Justfun » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:22 pm

AndreiKrylov wrote:
Sorry for ...trouble...
Hi,
Just wanted to let you know that for the past 1.5 yr I've been working on new transcriptions. As you said there is a lot of repetition but I know there is so much music that I can play on the classical guitar that most people are not aware of.

Fred
Richard Reynoso, Cypress \ Spruce 2016
Ramirez 4NE 2011

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:19 pm

AndreiKrylov wrote:
Sorry for ...trouble...
OK, Andrei, I'm glad to see you are staying.

I'll close the thread and move it to the archives so that Mr. Delcamp does not come across it in "Your messages to the site administrator" and delete your account as originally requested without reading further! :wink:

Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

Return to “Archives of Public Space and its subforums”