Bach Chaconne

Topics archived from Public Space and its subforums after a long period of inactivity, or redundant for some other reason. This section is read-only.
Forum rules
Topics archived from Public Space and its subforums after a long period of inactivity, or redundant for some other reason. This section is read-only.
strungup

Bach Chaconne

Post by strungup » Sun Jan 09, 2005 7:39 am

Does anyone know of a good arrangement of the Chaconne apart from Segovia's?

Canbell

Post by Canbell » Sun Jan 09, 2005 8:02 pm

What a good transcription is very subjective, I would say that everybody trying to tackle this monument should make their own transcription, starting from the original violin version (easily available, as it is in the public domain).

I would however also recommend that you download Rodolfo Betancourt's transcription, which - apart from the music - will give you historical insight and explain the whole process of transcribing the piece for the guitar.

tomas

Post by tomas » Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:28 am

I agree ,
try to get the full partitas and sonatas for solo violin .
they are all playable for guitarists . the chaconne is a masterpiece but i prefere the fugue in the C sonata and the 3 other pieces of this sonata are fabulous on the guitar (the chaconne is very complicated to transcrib). the other partitas and sonatas can be read by sight.
+

ivan_the_bass_man

re: arrangement

Post by ivan_the_bass_man » Sun Jan 16, 2005 1:31 am

I think there is a differance between arrangement and tanscription.
you should all use the link to Rodolfo Betencourt's site. It is very cool.

Sanft

Bach's Chaconne

Post by Sanft » Tue May 31, 2005 9:47 pm

There's no need to "transcribe" the piece! I play directly from the facsimile manuscript of the "Sei Solo" published by Breitkopf & Härtel! But if you want to find interesting solutions to some of the arpeggio-passages: look for Carl Flesch's edition and for the versions of the piece for violin and piano by Schumann and Mendelssohn! Great music, too!
Clemens :D

Return to “Archives of Public Space and its subforums”