how do i post my recordings?

Topics archived from Public Space and its subforums after a long period of inactivity, or redundant for some other reason. This section is read-only.
Forum rules
Topics archived from Public Space and its subforums after a long period of inactivity, or redundant for some other reason. This section is read-only.
simon

how do i post my recordings?

Post by simon » Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:21 pm

hi all

as the post thread says. i have converted my cd recordings into wav. files.

can i post them here? if not what have i got to do to make my recordings downloadable on this site.

thanks in advance

simon

Canbell

Post by Canbell » Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:09 pm

Do you mean CDs of professional guitarists? In that case I don't think you are allowed to post them on this forum.

If those CDs are recordings of you playing works that are in the public domain, then you can convert them in OGG or MP3 and post them as attachments to your message. If they exceed the limit of 2 Mb then you should contact the administrator who will make them available through another means.

simon

Post by simon » Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:10 pm

how do i convert to mp3 and what is OGG?

sorry for ignorance.

all help appreciated.

thanks

simon

Canbell

Post by Canbell » Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:38 pm

OGG and MP3 are compression programmes that drastically reduce the size of a recording. You wouldn't dream of posting a WAV file on a forum, it is much too heavy.

To convert WAV to MP3 (and other formats, including OGG) I use dBpowerAMP Music Converter (freeware). I suppose other programmes are available for free, but that one is very convenient.

Please bear in mind that you can only post your own recordings here.

Good luck!

simon

Post by simon » Mon Mar 14, 2005 6:33 pm

thanks Canbell, dbpweramp works a great.

i have posted an mp3 file under the mp3 section.

hope you enjoy it.

Simon

Return to “Archives of Public Space and its subforums”