Performing Tomorrow

Topics archived from Public Space and its subforums after a long period of inactivity, or redundant for some other reason. This section is read-only.
Forum rules
Topics archived from Public Space and its subforums after a long period of inactivity, or redundant for some other reason. This section is read-only.
Marquez

Performing Tomorrow

Post by Marquez » Tue May 17, 2005 4:17 am

I will be performing tomorrow you guys out there wish me luck.

I will be performing Feste Lariane (Tremolo Ver.) Arranged by Nguyen Binh Mu. Also Matteo Carcassi "Study in A Minor". I have only been playing for 9 months now, and have been progressing pretty good. Wish me luck. This is my first time performing for a recital.

Thank you all,

Jesse

BalO

Re: Performing Tomorrow

Post by BalO » Tue May 17, 2005 6:20 am

No worries Jesse, just take a deep breath tomorrow before the preformence, and everything will work fine. I wish you good luck, even though i doubt you need it!

DuncanT

Post by DuncanT » Tue May 17, 2005 9:06 am

Remember to warm up by playing the piece half-tempo and play quarter tempo on the tricky parts repetitively.

BobM

Post by BobM » Tue May 17, 2005 1:25 pm

Good luck and best wishes, Jesse!

Remember, the public is there to bite you and throw things at you, don't give them the chance! :D
Just kidding! :D

You'll be fine and they'll love you! We are all here for you!

Happy guitar!

Bob

hav

Post by hav » Tue May 17, 2005 2:46 pm

HEy Jesse - welll - heck! Contracy to what Bob said (bad bobM! ... bad bobM!), just remember that the folks are really there to enjoy the music along with you.

Feel sorry for them because they only get to listen -- but you get to make the music!!

So just relax, have fun and give the music voice!!

.... :shock: geeee - that sounds deep huh :D

anyway- we're all rootin' for you so let us know how it goes! ENJOY IT!!

BobM

Post by BobM » Tue May 17, 2005 5:13 pm

Wow hav! Yes, that was deep! I dig brother! :D :D

Bob

Marquez

Post by Marquez » Wed May 18, 2005 4:01 am

Well I am still alive but full of tomato juice and smell like rotten egg. :lol: I survived with a little nervousness, all in all it was a great experience for me. The audience ejoyed it very well. Thank you all for all the support, especially for the advice.

If any you all are around the TX area you all might be interested in a Classical Guitar Festival. Here's the link http://www.guitarhouston.org
May 31-June 5

Thank you all.

Jesse

fatty

Post by fatty » Wed May 18, 2005 2:51 pm

haha houstonians are invading this forum little by little :)
A festival you said? Let me check that!

And bravo for your performance then!

hav

Post by hav » Thu May 19, 2005 3:01 am

HEY HEY!! Congratulations Marquez!! Take 10 bucks out of petty cash and grab a couple of Frappuccinos on us!!

NEAT - yes - another Houstonian here! (well a transplanted New Orleanean, anyway -- but my wife was a native Houstonian :-) and I'm pretty sure a lot of her rubbed off on me over the years -- does that count?? :D

BobM

Post by BobM » Thu May 19, 2005 12:30 pm

I guess it count Hav, btw, with that festival coming, I wouldn't mind being one too. :D I'll see what I can do about it. 8)

Happy guitar!

Bob

Marquez

Post by Marquez » Fri May 20, 2005 4:44 am

:D Yay! A houstonian or a former houstonian. Cool I wonder if there are any anothers.

Where are you from Mr. Bob

Jesse

BobM

Post by BobM » Fri May 20, 2005 12:33 pm

I live in Miami, but I come from Chicago. I guess I'm getting used to the warm weather now... :D

Bob

Return to “Archives of Public Space and its subforums”