Fernando Sor and Estudio 2

Topics archived from Public Space and its subforums after a long period of inactivity, or redundant for some other reason. This section is read-only.
Forum rules
Topics archived from Public Space and its subforums after a long period of inactivity, or redundant for some other reason. This section is read-only.
Timothy Miller

Fernando Sor and Estudio 2

Post by Timothy Miller » Mon May 23, 2005 3:50 pm

Hi all,
I'm having a small controversey about the finger picking in Fernado Sor's Estudio 2 from "20 pieces". The question remains, Are the first two notes of each measure played staggered, or simultaneously. Before you answer, two points. #1 Most learned gutarists have told me they are played simultaneously. This however does not explain the third to the last measure. #2 Learn to play just the first two measures (simple C chord lifting your little finger off the G note) over and over, both ways. and render an answer.
Thanks for all your wonderful advising
Timothy Miller
P.S. When played staggered it has a interesting little Blue Grass kinda flicking in it.

Anonymous

Re: Fernando Sor and Estudio 2

Post by Anonymous » Mon May 23, 2005 10:23 pm

Timothy Miller wrote:Hi all,
I'm having a small controversey about the finger picking in Fernado Sor's Estudio 2 from "20 pieces". The question remains, Are the first two notes of each measure played staggered, or simultaneously. Before you answer, two points. #1 Most learned gutarists have told me they are played simultaneously. This however does not explain the third to the last measure. #2 Learn to play just the first two measures (simple C chord lifting your little finger off the G note) over and over, both ways. and render an answer.
Thanks for all your wonderful advising
Timothy Miller
P.S. When played staggered it has a interesting little Blue Grass kinda flicking in it.
im not sure of the answer.. but im pretty sure he didnt intend it to have any blugrassyness to it :P :lol:

Return to “Archives of Public Space and its subforums”