korg aw-1 tuner

Topics archived from Public Space and its subforums after a long period of inactivity, or redundant for some other reason. This section is read-only.
Forum rules
Topics archived from Public Space and its subforums after a long period of inactivity, or redundant for some other reason. This section is read-only.
ronn

korg aw-1 tuner

Post by ronn » Sun Jun 26, 2005 12:58 am

Hello...does anyone own this tuner...? It clips on like the intellitouch tuner and I wonder how good it is?

I compared them briefly in the local guitar shop ...

my impressions....
korg is ugly & intellitouch kinda hip looking
korg faster at picking up the pitches
korg does not swivel very well...hard to see the face of it
korg is harder to see the display...small lettering & don't think is backlit
korg has a much stronger clip
korg also has a mic

so ...kinda pros & cons either way....korg is also 10 bucks cheaper.

I'm leaning towards getting the korg but I'd like to hear from others first...oddly eneough there is virtually no reviews I could find for it but tons for the intellitouch.

Any info appreciated ....thanks

cprovinse

Post by cprovinse » Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:55 pm

I have an intellituner and I believe sometimes that it is not real accurate. It is very easy to use and it does much better than I can do by ear. Did you purchase the Korg and if so do you recommend it?

anathem

Post by anathem » Sat Jul 30, 2005 4:44 pm

i have a rather no name 25$ tuner and it works just fine for me -good readings and a fair speed in catching up the pitch so name is not everything when it comes to quality perhaps a korg is not as good as it's reputation preceeds it :okok:

Return to “Archives of Public Space and its subforums”