[Gecko] New Member Introduction

Topics archived from Public Space and its subforums after a long period of inactivity, or redundant for some other reason. This section is read-only.
Forum rules
Topics archived from Public Space and its subforums after a long period of inactivity, or redundant for some other reason. This section is read-only.
Gecko

[Gecko] New Member Introduction

Post by Gecko » Sat Jul 09, 2005 10:56 am

I quit playing (steel string) over 30 yrs. At that time I was only a mediocre player, never having any lessons, or taking the time to learn properly.

I am retired now and about six months ago decided to take up the guitar (steel string) again, get lessons and learn properly. Living in "fly-over" country the only instructor that was available was a fellow whose concentration was classical. I said, "What the heck, I'm sure I can learn some basic things from him." Well, now it's six months later and I've become almost completely enamored with classical guitar. In fact I just recently purchase my first nylon string, a Lucida which is a good, mid-priced, starter.

As I progress I hope to eventually do some flamenco studies, as Santa Fe is only about 3 hours driving distance and has some world-renowned flamenco guitarist and teachers living there, Chuscales perhaps being the most noted, currently. Also the Institute for Spanish Arts is located there and has numerous flamenco workshops.

Looking forward to learning a lot here and perhaps even contributing on occasion.

OOPS!!! Just noted there was a special place for introductions. Please accept my apologies. Hopefully the mod will move this.

BalO

Post by BalO » Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:30 pm

Thats done :) No problem mate

Return to “Archives of Public Space and its subforums”