[marc robbins] intro

Topics archived from Public Space and its subforums after a long period of inactivity, or redundant for some other reason. This section is read-only.
Forum rules
Topics archived from Public Space and its subforums after a long period of inactivity, or redundant for some other reason. This section is read-only.
marc robbins

[marc robbins] intro

Post by marc robbins » Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:39 pm

Hello to you all.
my name is marc, i am 36,married,two daughters. I work as a chef manager but am looking for a change (have been told its my age) i have been playing guitar for about 3 years but have only recently been having lessons. The lessons that i have been taking are ok but all in tab and i would like to learn notation. I fell upon this site by accident but having skimmed about the forum i am pleased i did. What an amazing collection of nations, talent,age, skills. I am a bit of a hippy and believe totally in peace, love,caring and sharing, so i drink to your health and look forward to interacting with you all . God bless .

cconsaul

Just to get you started

Post by cconsaul » Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:01 pm

Howdy Marc. A tiny little thing I tell my students to kick start the memory process. The line on the treble clef from the bottom up read E,A,D,G,B,E or Emptyt Garbage Before Dad Freaks. The spaces read up from the bottom F,A,C,E or as we say, plain as the nose on my face. There have been some adfances in TAB recently, especially with the addition of the rhythmic stems, but I have alwats preerred notation, mostly because I come from a Piano background I suspect. There are any number of good theory sites I can recommend if you need them, and as always, there are many helpfull souls here. Some of them answer our questions almost before we ask them. I think their processors are slightly faster than the speed of light, unlike mine. I am an olp pooter dinosaur, but extremely happy to be in such good company.

fatty

Post by fatty » Fri Mar 25, 2005 5:02 pm

Welcome marc!

The concepts of peace, and love, may make some people laugh today, that's generally when I ask them "well, can you come with something better than that?".

Return to “Archives of Public Space and its subforums”