[torroba72] Hello

Topics archived from Public Space and its subforums after a long period of inactivity, or redundant for some other reason. This section is read-only.
Forum rules
Topics archived from Public Space and its subforums after a long period of inactivity, or redundant for some other reason. This section is read-only.
torroba72

[torroba72] Hello

Post by torroba72 » Wed May 11, 2005 4:02 pm

Hi,

My name is Tim, I thought since I have been posting I should intro myself. I have been playing guitar for about 20 years. I have studied with Joseph Breznikar for close to 10 years now. I have performed in many ensembles and have done a few solo concerts. Right now I'm recovering from an injury of triple fracturing one of my fingers a year ago that has really messed up my right hand. So, for now its three months of technique and a lot of hard work. After my rehab I will be working on a concert to be perfomed at my college for my final concert for my degree. It's great to be on here and look forward to talking with all of you.

Tim

Alan

Post by Alan » Thu May 12, 2005 8:09 am

Hi Tim, and welcome to the Forum !

I really admire you for getting back to the guitar again so soon after your accident. The way you introduced yourself, it looks you're planning music as a career, so that's a major handicap, to put it mildly, but I'm sure you'll overcome it.

I broke three fingers on the left hand about 17 years ago, and it took me a long time before resuming practice, I really thought my guitar days were over, so I concentrated on conducting choirs, which helped my understanding of music, but I missed the guitar so much, I began playing again about six years ago, and wow, was it hard going in the beginning !!!

I hope your concert goes really well, and, as they say in France, bon courage :D

Alan

BobM

Post by BobM » Thu May 12, 2005 11:52 am

Welcome Tim!

As Alan says, bon courage! and good luck with your final concert. We'll all wish you a promp recovery and the best on your carrier.

Happy guitar!

Bob

Return to “Archives of Public Space and its subforums”