[rodpax123] Hi there

Topics archived from Public Space and its subforums after a long period of inactivity, or redundant for some other reason. This section is read-only.
Forum rules
Topics archived from Public Space and its subforums after a long period of inactivity, or redundant for some other reason. This section is read-only.
rodpax123

[rodpax123] Hi there

Post by rodpax123 » Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:54 pm

Hi there,
Seems I only glimpse one countryman here posting in the forum. Im referring to gladwin...mabuhay kabayan...Oh yes, the introduction, Im Roden from the dreamy islands of the Philippines where the haunting melodies of the guitar seems to be a part of the rural countryside.
Im 24 years old, am an accountant by profession but i loved classical guitars since high school when i heard one schoolmate playing the recuerdos and spanish romance. Since then, ive been looking for opportunities to learn the art. Fortunately, this site has given me that opportunity, thanks a lot Mssr. Delcamp. :D
I got one big problem though, i have no access to a professional classical guitar instructor so most of the time its just self study. its been a year since a started and i guess im still struggling with the level 2 pieces, but hey, 24 yrs old is not that old to learn eh...hope to see this site growing and us getting older but better at playing... :lol:

duggan

Hi

Post by duggan » Mon Jul 11, 2005 3:43 am

Hi. My name is Simon from Raglan, New Zealand. I began studying classical guitar so I could teach my daughter to play. Now I love it and see myself playing classical into my old age. Only trouble -- now I need yet another guitar!
Cheers!
Simon

cconsaul

We All Have That in Common

Post by cconsaul » Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:50 am

Needing another guitar is like needing to breathe around here. (LOL) Welcome to the boards and be sure to get your daughter all the music she can possibly play. The only thing worse than needing another guitar, is needing more music to play on it! Of course, compared to needing batteries for the I-Pods and video games, guitars and music don't seem so bad!

Sanft

Post by Sanft » Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:54 am

What strange things are these: Batteries, I-pods, video-games?
I never thought you needed anything but a guitar and scores besides air, bread and water? :lol: :lol:
"...si nos quedáramos cuarenta y ocho horas seguidas sin música, habria una catástrofe mundial." Leo Brouwer
7stringed Matthias Dammann 1997; 9stringed Neuner&Hornsteiner ~ 1880
7stringed 1829 Staufer/Legnani replica by F. P. Dietrich 2007

cconsaul

I wax poetic (you have been warned)

Post by cconsaul » Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:16 pm

- sigh - one would think so, but I am a happily buried man, with children and grandchildren. Much of my disposable income (which of course has been disposed of) has been invested in these strange devices and energy collection spheres. they must be important or children would not lust after them as readily as they do our tenuous positions of authority on this plane of existance. My grand-daughter is thoroughly convinced that every single vending machine must be fed constantly or the poor mechanical familiers will starve and die like her last four gigapets. I do not claim to comprehend this world that I must live in far longer than my period of proactive interaction with it, I just marvel at the ever spiraling conuncrum. I gave her a guitar, but she has yet to find life in it. I think that if it somehow sang to her or offered her chocolate, she might find an immediate fascination with it, but alas as she lives in Columbus and I in the outskirts of El Paso, I cannot contrive to make these miracles happen by proxy. I am sure there is hope for her. Much as the world eventually embraced me, it will inspire her to fits of artistic beauty, but it may very well be an expensive proposition for her poor beleagured father, who bears no blame other than conceiving that there could be a bit more beauty in this tired old planet. - sigh -

Sanft

Post by Sanft » Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:57 pm

I understand you so well! I've got only one daughter so far and at least she plays some clarinet. Unfortunately ER and so many other achievements of modern civilisation consume the rest of her time. Same with my four nephews. It's tough to be the only musician in a large family.
Clemens :roll:
"...si nos quedáramos cuarenta y ocho horas seguidas sin música, habria una catástrofe mundial." Leo Brouwer
7stringed Matthias Dammann 1997; 9stringed Neuner&Hornsteiner ~ 1880
7stringed 1829 Staufer/Legnani replica by F. P. Dietrich 2007

cconsaul

Ahhh, but eventually she will find her voice!

Post by cconsaul » Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:40 am

When she finally understands that when she plays, it is just like being able to speak and no one can interrupt you until you are done (and we can always throw in a cadenza or two if they don't behave) she will realize what a wonderful thing it is to play an instrument. Young people think it's all about virtuosity and winning, like it was some video game, but it's really about getting the last word in and keeping it for as long as you want to ! (gulp, don't tell her!)

Return to “Archives of Public Space and its subforums”