[Jamie] Hello!

Topics archived from Public Space and its subforums after a long period of inactivity, or redundant for some other reason. This section is read-only.
Forum rules
Topics archived from Public Space and its subforums after a long period of inactivity, or redundant for some other reason. This section is read-only.
Jamie

[Jamie] Hello!

Post by Jamie » Sat Mar 26, 2005 6:02 am

Hi there, my name is Jamie AMir, I am a recently graduated dentist (AAARGH!)
I have been playing guitar since i was 12, classical mostly since i was 20 (now 25)
I am obsessed with the instrument, mainly stuff John Williams plays - I know, i know, i am just a sheep! I have 3 copies of his latest CD, El Diablo Suelto, one for the car, one for the bedroom, and one to lend to people. I am in the process of ordering all of the music, I have 6 of the Caroni editions so far which makes about 7 or 8 pieces on the CD (all Lauro so far). If you havent heard thisCD, i highly recommend it just has some fantastic classical guitar music! I have learnt 4 of the pieces on the Cd so far.

I am so glad to have found this website, I dont know anyone else personally who plays classical guitar, so it is nice to have found a place to share ideas and gain knowledge!

:)

One thing that has been bugging me for years is to find out the identity of the artist on a recording of Faure's Pavane that someone emailed me about 7 years ago. I have asked loads of people with no success, so I am hoping someone hear can help me identify the artist.

It is 2 nylon string guitars doing a very spanishy, sad arrangement of it, no orchestra just 2 guitars.

It is so beautiful, it is the kind of thing you could put on repeat every night and listen to it as you go to sleep every night for the rest of your life!

The frustrating thing is that it ends abruptly, the person who sent it to me apparantly didnt have the whole file, and she cant even remember who sent it to her in the first place!
If the description sounds familiar or you want me to email you the mp3, please let me know!

Canbell

Re: Hello!

Post by Canbell » Sat Mar 26, 2005 9:13 am

Welcome Jamie!
Jamie wrote:... the identity of the artist on a recording of Faure's Pavane...
It might very well be the Pomponio-Zarate version, recorded in the 60's. On the CD that I have (Harmonia Mundi), they play Fauré's Pavane op. 50 as well as not so often performed pieces.

BobM

Post by BobM » Sat Mar 26, 2005 8:47 pm

I gues Jamie you just found 2 Floridians right here: Azalais and me. :D Welcome to the forum.

Bob

Return to “Archives of Public Space and its subforums”