[Mitya] Hi!

Topics archived from Public Space and its subforums after a long period of inactivity, or redundant for some other reason. This section is read-only.
Forum rules
Topics archived from Public Space and its subforums after a long period of inactivity, or redundant for some other reason. This section is read-only.
Mitya

[Mitya] Hi!

Post by Mitya » Sat Mar 19, 2005 8:15 am

Hi!
My name is Mitya, I'm 18, live in Moscow, Russia, we have an awful weather here. Can you imagine -10 at 19th of March?
I study at the journalistic department of the MSU. When I was preparing for my entrance exames, I knew English very good and spoke fluent, but after 2 years I've fogotten it completely. So... I'm trying to stady Spanish and no to forget English.
I've playing guitar for about 5 years and now I play in ansamble. We take part in some local concerts, for the War veterans, for example, so I have an experience of public playing. During last two months of the previous year I've been playing in duet witn a friend of mine, who was an incredible virtuoso (now he doesn't have time for it). We played some russian 7-str. guitar music (if you have ever head it, you know what does it maen "the russian soul"), if somebody wants, I can send you MP3 of some best pieces and if somebody is interested, I can also send you sheet music of russian folk songs (very, very sincere music).
I hope to talk to all of you and to become friends. Also I hope to visit USA this summer, my mother live in Marin County near Los Angeles with her husband.
P.S. Thank's to cconsaul for his inspire words, you know, when somebody feels bad and doesn't get help, words like these can make miracles!

cconsaul

Is that Farenheit or Celcius?

Post by cconsaul » Sat Mar 19, 2005 2:47 pm

Brrrr. My sister lives in Minneapolis but I don't think it often gets that cold. We used to say in New York (where I was born) the colder the weather, the warmer your heart must be to overcome it. Mr. Delcamp allows you to post your public domain manuscripts right in this forum, so anything you wish to share would find a happy home here. I have never owned a seven string guitar and was not aware that they were being used in the classical style (they are popular for jazz and rock here in America) but I am sure there would be considerable interest in the subject.

I would like to own a five string guitar. I am not trying to be silly or buck the trend of adding strings to my favorite companion, but I think it would be interesting to have a guitar tuned in the range of perfect fifths.

C/G/D/A/E

The harmonic possiblities are intriguing, and I think it might open up some possibilities that I can only now just imagine. I would also like a five string Violin / Viola so I can model more effectively in class. It's all well and good to play the notes an octave up, but if the beginning player can actually see me playing on the string, it makes more of an impression. It would be much more conveniant to have the five string instrument to carry around, than to carry two, or borrow the student's every time I need to demonstrate something.

Thank you for the kind words, but I think you will soon realize that this forum is full of kindness. It is one of the reasons I spend time here. Mr. Delcamp has infused a bit of his soul into this forum and it rubs off on us each time we visit.

BobM

Post by BobM » Sat Mar 19, 2005 5:17 pm

Very nice thoughts you wrote for us back there cconsaul, thank you!

Bob

BobM

Post by BobM » Sat Mar 19, 2005 5:27 pm

Welcome to the forum Mitya,

and thanks for your offer.

Yes, as long as it is not copywrited material, I'd love to have some of your music.

I used to know a pianist from Georgia that lived in Moscow, Temuri is his name (I haven't heard from him for a while). I loved to hear him play both regular concert repertoire as well as Russian and Georgian songs.

Happy guitar!

Bob

Mitya

It's Celsius!

Post by Mitya » Sun Mar 20, 2005 10:59 am

Thank's BobM and ccounsal, as soon as I find drivers for my scaner I will public some sheet music here, and I think you will like it. It is the music of russian classical composers (Chaykovsky, Sckryabin, Raxmaninov...) and the arrangements of russian folk songs and romances.
... I've just written a huge text about seven string guitar but then I thought that it migth be an interesting topic to discuss, so I publicated it in a new slot (look the Public spase page).

BobM

Post by BobM » Sun Mar 20, 2005 4:38 pm

Thanks mitya,

very nice of you. Just remember we cannot post any copyrighted material...but we can always talk :D

Happy guitar!

Bob

Return to “Archives of Public Space and its subforums”