[Buckley] Hey

Topics archived from Public Space and its subforums after a long period of inactivity, or redundant for some other reason. This section is read-only.
Forum rules
Topics archived from Public Space and its subforums after a long period of inactivity, or redundant for some other reason. This section is read-only.
Buckley

[Buckley] Hey

Post by Buckley » Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:47 pm

Hey, I've been hanging out here for a few weeks and thought I'd introduce myself. I live in southcentral Wisconsin, not far from Madison, and I have played the guitar since I was 17, which means I have been playing 14 years now. I wish I were better than I am. :)

Mitya-ever want to teach people how to speak Russian? I have wanted to learn for a long time now.

-John.

cconsaul

Welcome to the Boards Buckley

Post by cconsaul » Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:19 am

We all wish we were better players. The better you are, the better you want to be. In fact, the one thing we all have in common is the desire to improve. Don't ever lose that desire. It's the journey that matters. When you get there, you immediately figure out that the only thing left is to hang out, or go someplace else!

BobM

Post by BobM » Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:52 pm

Hi Buckey,

How is Lake Geneva? I used to live in Chicago and went to that lake and some others close by every summer but I guess that was a while ago. Anyways, you are getting close to the right season to enjoy it, anytime now. :D

Hi cconsaul, thanks for the words of wisdom. You are absolutely right, my own wishes put into words. 8) I still have a long journey to make, though.

Bob

Archangel

Post by Archangel » Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:19 pm

Sorry I overlooked this post when I registered here.

I`m a 25 year old man from Norway, and I have played guitar for about 1 1\2 year now.

Started with a steelstringer and have now moved on to mainly classical since july when I got my nylonstring :D

I took some lessons last year for very basic things, just now recently I have started on the book of Sagreras to practice fingerings\scales and by time hopefully to learn sheet music.

Planning to set up a more scheduled practice pattern now instead of "fooling" around with like 6-7 pieces every time I sit down as I think it will be good for my progress :lol:

BobM

Post by BobM » Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:59 pm

Excellent Archangel, and welcome to the forum.

By the way, what do you think about Sagreras Method and why that one? I'm not familiar with it and would like some input in case I decide to pick a new one.

Your plan to dedicate more "serious" time to the classical guitar will pay in time, I'm sure. You'll be surprised how much it is possible to advance with consistency and proper practice.

Congratulations on your decision and happy guitar!

Bob

Return to “Archives of Public Space and its subforums”