Where do/did you study and who with?

Topics archived from Public Space and its subforums after a long period of inactivity, or redundant for some other reason. This section is read-only.
Forum rules
Topics archived from Public Space and its subforums after a long period of inactivity, or redundant for some other reason. This section is read-only.
Freeman

Where do/did you study and who with?

Post by Freeman » Fri Aug 12, 2005 8:59 pm

I studied here in Toronto with Eli Kassner. He had such students as Norbert Kraft and Liona Boyd. He studied with Andrés Segovia back in 1958.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:12 pm

thats funny, you must have studied with my teacher, as you guys had the same teacher! His name is Marcel Potvin, do you know him?

Its cool to be part of segovias chain of teaching :D

Freeman

Post by Freeman » Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:23 pm

Sorry, I don't recall the name. I studied with him back in 1979...
That is a cool thought "the segovia chain of teaching" :)

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Sat Aug 13, 2005 12:24 am

hmmm ill ask marcel when he was studying undeer eli kassner
I believe it was close to the time that boyd was learning

sami007

Post by sami007 » Sat Aug 13, 2005 11:29 am

:( horse genealogy

Anonymous

Who and where?

Post by Anonymous » Sun Aug 14, 2005 3:09 pm

Self-taught.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Sun Aug 14, 2005 7:21 pm

sami007 wrote::( horse genealogy
Pardon?

anathem

Post by anathem » Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:38 am

i studied with myself :D no segovia chain of teaching but i'm not jealous just becasue someone studied with segovia doesn't necessarily mean he's a master of the guitar or an equally good teacher :D

MetalDefender

Post by MetalDefender » Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:06 pm

i study with a teacher here in tijuana where the cultural/artistical level is very low in quantity... he didnt study with segovia but hes a good teacher.

gerard

Post by gerard » Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:24 am

How fortunate guys u are if u have underwent training with guitar maestros! Me, I was self taught too thanks to this wonderful site!

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:32 am

anathem wrote:i studied with myself :D no segovia chain of teaching but i'm not jealous just becasue someone studied with segovia doesn't necessarily mean he's a master of the guitar or an equally good teacher :D
yeah buts its a cool thought :D to have that relation to him :)

Buckley

Post by Buckley » Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:48 pm

Like matarleton and Segovia, I am self-taught. I did take about nine months of lesson from a guy named Mark Heller in Madison. He was a really good teacher and I learned a lot from him.

-John.

anathem

Post by anathem » Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:28 am

Patrizio wrote:
anathem wrote:i studied with myself :D no segovia chain of teaching but i'm not jealous just becasue someone studied with segovia doesn't necessarily mean he's a master of the guitar or an equally good teacher :D
yeah buts its a cool thought :D to have that relation to him :)
yeah plus u can show off to ur friends :lol:

Cezar

Post by Cezar » Sat Aug 27, 2005 6:17 pm

i study with my teacher from our music collage here in cluj-napoca, his name is Stefan trifan, and he is a very good teacher :D

disdain42

Post by disdain42 » Sat Aug 27, 2005 9:04 pm

I'm actually very fortunate because i am currently studying with one of the most highly respected pedagogues, Ron Purcell (who was one of Segovia's prodigies) at Cal State Northridge. I've studied with Steve Thachuk and Ron Borczon, but i've been lucky enough to have had masterclasses from such greats as Oscar Ghiglia, Stephen Robinson, Michael Chapdelaine, Nick Golusses, Martha Masters, Johannes Moller, and Scott Tennant.

Return to “Archives of Public Space and its subforums”