[MetalDefender] Hails

Topics archived from Public Space and its subforums after a long period of inactivity, or redundant for some other reason. This section is read-only.
Forum rules
Topics archived from Public Space and its subforums after a long period of inactivity, or redundant for some other reason. This section is read-only.
MetalDefender

[MetalDefender] Hails

Post by MetalDefender » Sun Aug 14, 2005 9:50 pm

i was looking for a midi of Fernando Sor's opus 22 rondo (because thats what im on right now) and somehow i came across this forum. ive been studying music and classical guitar for a little more over a year, which is not bad for a 17 year old i suppose. i dont really know many pieces, but my favorite ones so far are adelita (tarrega), lagrima(tarrega), bouree in e minor(bach) and bwv 999 prelude(bach).

apart from classical i like metal.. thrash, power, and some death and black metal.

hopefully i'll learn new things here, but for now i'll go check out the mp3s.

anathem

Post by anathem » Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:02 am

haha welcome to the forums ull find a lot of people here always willing to help in a great community bred for one purpose : the classical guitar.still ull find tolerance and understanding for whatever way of practising on the guitar u have and whatever tastes when it comes to music and classical guitar prejudice doeasn't last ;long here
and as for metal i also am into this kind of music espeacially gothic death trash and black but that's subordonate to my guitaring :D after all metal comes in line from classical music (strange asssociation but that's it)
so what more can i say..looking forward to seeing u on the forums..and if u are looking for something ask in the public space for music and search exchange section for sheet music
cya

Azalais

Post by Azalais » Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:26 pm

Hi Metal (and anathem)

Since you two seem to have open minds when it comes to experimenting with different musical styles, and you also mention that you like baroque in your profile... (and I see that you live in Mexico)... If you haven't already run across his work, you might want to check out a composer named Santiago de Murcia (he was WAY ahead of his time and ended up in Mexico, mixing lots of musical styles, including african music... back in the early 1700s!)... I especially like the versions on a CD called CODEX by an incredible Norwegian performer (early instruments) named Rolf Lislevand... (Astree label) (You can probably find samples from the CD on-line and there are a few midi files of the pieces out there if you want to find them.)

Hope that enjoy the forum Metal

azalais

Redserpent

Post by Redserpent » Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:16 pm

Welcome to the site MD, I'm sure you'll love it, I know I do. From Mozart to Metal, I love it all!

anathem

Post by anathem » Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:04 am

heya again azalais i saw ur post in the ogg section and i learnt the piece i also recorded i but it is a poor recording so i'm thinking if i should post it or not.btw do u have other de murcia scores i would sure like to try them he has a very nice rythmic feeling to the folias gallegas

MetalDefender

Post by MetalDefender » Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:55 am

i'll check out santigo de murcia's works for sure!

freebooter

Post by freebooter » Tue Aug 23, 2005 12:03 pm

welcome to the Forum :D

billmcgarry

Re: Hails

Post by billmcgarry » Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:03 pm

MetalDefender wrote:i was looking for a midi of Fernando Sor's opus 22 rondo . . .
Hi,

Here is a site that has that midi:
http://www.*** Site blocked for copyright reasons ***.com/sor.html

Just about half way down the page, you should see "Grand Sonate (Op. 22)" with 4 midi's including Rondo.

That site has over 2,000 classical guitar midi's!

Now to find the sheet music . . .

Bill

Michael

Post by Michael » Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:10 am

Thanks Bill

A good site!

Return to “Archives of Public Space and its subforums”