[cardamomo] Greetings from Italy!

Topics archived from Public Space and its subforums after a long period of inactivity, or redundant for some other reason. This section is read-only.
Forum rules
Topics archived from Public Space and its subforums after a long period of inactivity, or redundant for some other reason. This section is read-only.
cardamomo

[cardamomo] Greetings from Italy!

Post by cardamomo » Sun Aug 21, 2005 7:45 pm

Hello Everybody, and welcome to this wonderful site! I am newbye here at Delcamp's site, as well a newbye of the classic guitar.

I write from Milan, Italy.

If anybody knows about a good book to start with (about Classic Guitar techniques, I mean), please let me know.

Thank you

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit: Splited the 2 posts, this one should be like this..

freebooter

Post by freebooter » Sun Aug 21, 2005 10:00 pm

Welcome ... I write from Italy too :wink:

seanmichael

good book

Post by seanmichael » Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:08 am

Hi cardamomo,
When I started out I used Fredrick Node's "Clasical Guitar Method". I think this will help. Also see if you can find a copy of Segovia's scales. I hope you enjoy playing as much as I do.

Sean

cardamomo

Post by cardamomo » Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:23 am

Thank you for your answers. It seems that Frederick Noad's book is one of the most used to start with, as many of you suggested it to me.

Simo

Post by Simo » Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:30 am

Hi cardamomo from an another italian guitarist..
:D

Mark

Post by Mark » Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:35 am

Ciao Cardamomo!
Welcome to the forum. If you are interested in a little practice, check out Fernando Sor's studies, most notably the pieces from op. 35. The first ones are very easy, then it gets more and more difficult. Every single study sounds great!
Mark

cardamomo

Post by cardamomo » Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:57 am

Hi Mark,
thank you for your suggestion. But I think (even if I didn't see Fernando Sor's Op.35 yet), that Sor's book does not teach how to play from a technical point of view.
What I'm looking for is a book that could replace a human teacher's (even if I know that it's not possible completely), i.e. a book that talks about the mistakes and how to avoid the mistakes done by the new guitarist, regarding body and finger positions, tips and tricks to learn the pieces, and so on.
From the other user's suggestions, I take it that one of the books satisfying my needs is Frederick Noad's, chich I still could not find in any shop near me.

Have a nice day!

Return to “Archives of Public Space and its subforums”