Passed/Accepted

Topics archived from Public Space and its subforums after a long period of inactivity, or redundant for some other reason. This section is read-only.
Forum rules
Topics archived from Public Space and its subforums after a long period of inactivity, or redundant for some other reason. This section is read-only.
orbiterred

Passed/Accepted

Post by orbiterred » Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:44 am

Hi All,

Just wanted to say thanks for everyone's help here. And to let you know that i passed my audition and am accepted into the guitar program at Dalhousie University :). Thanks again for the help, this place is awesome!

rob

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:22 am

congratulations! :D

I know how it feels to know you passed :D

hav

Post by hav » Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:47 am

Hey Rob - WOW - Congratulations!!!

I've probably shared this before, in some other post -- sorry if it's a repeat for some -- but...

When I did my audition for university (many years ago now), I went in all cocky and played my heart out - I mean I was just DOING IT!!!

When I finished my performance, I sat back - maybe a weeee bit smugly - and waited... the head of the guitar dept looked me straight in the eye and said --- "Well, as far as I can tell, the only thing you know about technique is that your thumb goes behind the neck."

Talk about taking a cocky kid down a few notches :-D I was sure he was going to either reject me, or, at best give me to one of the grad students for a semester or something -- I was really bummed :(

Luckily, he took me on in the normal program - and his scheme worked, I guess, because I was one dedicated student - nothing but exercises, scales and small studies for the first several semesters. But it was worth it (- at least at the time) and, though you wouldn't know it to watch me today, it really did help me nail down my technique rapidly and solidly

School was GREAT fun and a terrific environment in which to play (and study, of course - errhummmm).

I envy you the next couple of years!! I'm sure they'll be great! lucky dog!!

Congratulations again!!!

BalO

Post by BalO » Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:40 am

Congratulations to your success!
:)

anathem

Post by anathem » Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:36 am

congrats! :ivresse: :guitare:

Redserpent

Post by Redserpent » Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:40 pm

Excellent, Orbit, I wish you evey success. Well done.

orbiterred

Post by orbiterred » Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:23 pm

Thanks everyone :)

guitarteacher

Post by guitarteacher » Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:04 am

well done mate :D :guitare:

Return to “Archives of Public Space and its subforums”