Hello from Brisbane Australia!!

Ainsleigh

Hello from Brisbane Australia!!

Post by Ainsleigh » Wed May 04, 2016 10:57 am

Hi,I come from a musical family, I've played instruments for as long as I can remember..first piano, violin, viola and then guitar. I played guitar when I was younger (23 now) and gave it up in high school. I occasionally pull out my guitar and play it for the nostalgic feels :) let the memory of all the songs flood back to my fingers.
Anyway..the reason for me joining this group was because I want to valuate/sell my guitar but cannot find any sufficient info or even anyone to ask about it..seems the world has gone acoustic/electric mad..
I have a handmade concert guitar made by Australian luthier Jeremy Locke 2001. It is made from cedar/Brazilian something (I was 13 when I got this my memory is bad haha) and has an arch/bell back which gives it such a lovely sound. He has long since stopped making guitars so it's very hard to get information on how much it would be worth or if anyone would want to buy it.

I'm not sure how this site works yet or if I'm allowed to ask questions in an "introduce yourself" but oh well..

If anyone can help me or is interested please let me know :)

Ainsleigh

Erik Zurcher

Re: Hello from Brisbane Australia!!

Post by Erik Zurcher » Wed May 04, 2016 12:13 pm

Hello Ainsleigh and welcome to Delcamp forum! Enjoy yourself and see you around!

To learn more about this forum and its rules, please have a look at our welcome page

You already have access to all the mp3 files and videos in our recording sections, and to all members' scores. Once you have made 2 posts, you should subscribe to the 002 group which gives you access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and also enables you to post your own scores and recordings.

After you have posted 20 messages, you will be able to subscribe to the 020 group, which will allow you to download the remaining levels of the Delcamp scores. Bear in mind that the quality of your messages is taken into account by the Moderators when approving an application. Messages which are too similar, or without interest will not be counted.

To subscribe to the 002 or 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit. It may take a day or two to be approved.

- We advise members to add their location in their profile. To add your location, click on your Username (top right of the page, select User Control Panel, then on the "Profile" tab, and then type your town and state or country, or even just your country, into the field next to "Location:"
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

petermc61

Post by petermc61 » Wed May 04, 2016 1:03 pm

There is a 2001 Locke for sale at Kirkpatrick Guitar Studio in the States right now, asking US$4500. That should give you a good price guide for a dealer. Private sale, in Australia, maybe A$3k-$3.5k.

By the way, welcome!
Peter (Sydney)

wombosi
Amateur luthier

Post by wombosi » Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:36 am

I know this was a long time ago, but do you still have the Locke for sale?

petermc61

Post by petermc61 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:40 am

wombosi wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:36 am
I know this was a long time ago, but do you still have the Locke for sale?
Ainsleigh is not a member anymore. You can tell by the font used on the name for past members (plain black).

wombosi
Amateur luthier

Post by wombosi » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:54 pm

Thanks Peter.

Return to “Introduce yourself”