Bonjour from Canada. What a great site!

PeterPan8

Bonjour from Canada. What a great site!

Post by PeterPan8 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:23 pm

Hello to the "world" of musicians out here!

I just found your Website Googling something about classical guitar, and found this great Website.
I just hope I can get access to the PDF files... because for now, it just says that I don't have the right to see them...

Thanks for letting me in! :merci:

oski79

Re: What a great site!

Post by oski79 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:26 pm

Welcome to Delcamp!

If you haven't already, please take a moment to read this page for a good rundown on how the forum works, rules, history, etc. You have found a great source of classical guitar knowledge, as we have a wide assortment of members, from beginners to performing artists, with a number of fine teachers, historians, and luthiers too. So feel free to ask any questions you might have, but consider using the search function first, as many topics have already been discussed at length.

If you participate in other online forums, you might notice that things can get pretty heated at times. Delcamp takes great strides to avoid that. Here is what Mssr. Delcamp himself has to offer on that.

It is important to note that there is a requirement to post an average of once a month. Members not meeting this standard may have their memberships terminated.

Adding your location to your profile is a nice touch. Many of us have made new friends from doing just that.

Again, welcome to the forum!

Regards,

oski79
“People may say I can’t sing, but no one can ever say I didn’t sing.” --Florence Foster Jenkins

PeterPan8

Post by PeterPan8 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:00 pm

Thanks for the welcome!

I will read the "rules" later. In the meantime, I'm looking for some solo intermediate classical guitar pieces that are "very" melodic, more than the usual 15th-16th century pieces that are too structured. I am an amateur guitarist, and play only occasionally, but I have been playing for the past 45 years!

How can I search (and listen to) for such guitar pieces?
Are there any list such as "The Best of..." or "The most played..."?

I live in British Columbia, Canada. I am retired with my wife, and I play once in awhile in front of people. I'm very good in my living-room, but not so much in front of a crowd :-)

PeterPan8

Post by PeterPan8 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:08 pm

I wrote a short self-presentation in my profile. I'll probably edit it in the future to reflect my interests.

One question: When I go to read a discussion, I am confronted with a red box saying:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

How can I get access to the files?

Thank you!

Erik Zurcher

Post by Erik Zurcher » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:20 pm

Now that you have 3 posts you should be able join discussions or start a new topic.
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

Isabelle Frizac
Teacher

Post by Isabelle Frizac » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:07 pm

Hello PeterPan!
The rules are the same on the french forum!

Welcome :D
keep hope !
Bastien Burlot 2014" special anniversary" n°1, Pappalardo 1982, Antonio Ruiz Lopez 1974, and other instruments ...;-)

Return to “Introduce yourself”