Hello from Chattanooga

MER

Hello from Chattanooga

Post by MER » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:40 am

I'm just getting started having taken lessons all Summer from Dennis Hill in Panama City Beach, FL. I will be seeking a teacher now in Chattanooga

Michael

CathyCate

Re: Hello from Chattanooga

Post by CathyCate » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:50 am

Welcome to the Forum, Michael!

To learn more about this forum and its rules, please have a look at our welcome page

You already have access to all the mp3 files and videos in our recording sections, and to all members' scores. Once you have made 2 posts, you can subscribe to the 002 group which gives you access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and also enables you to post your own scores and recordings.

Subscribe to the 020 Messages group after your 20th post for access to higher levels of sheet music in Delcamp's library.
Click here to find out how to subscribe: Acceptance of subscription could take up to 48 hours.
Cathy
Matthew Chaffin 2014 spruce/quilted maple
Andy Culpepper 2015 bear claw spruce/flamed maple

MER

Post by MER » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:45 am

I have been having some short term memory loss due to health issues. I started guitar some time ago but like some folks gave it up after a short time. Lack of practice this no success. This Summer while staying in our condo in FL I decided to see if the first could help with the shirt term memory loss. I thought I might find a teacher in Panama City Beach that would help me with some cords. What I found was a classical guitar teacher. We didn't do cords, he began to reach from a classical point. I loved it and have really become turned on. In I'm still quite slow after 1 1/2 months but won't miss practicing. Now back in Chattanooga for the Fall, I'll be looking for a classical teacher to continue my learning.

CarlWestman

Post by CarlWestman » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:15 am

Welcome!

I'm in Chattanooga, and although much local instruction is aimed at the young (high school and prep school set), there may be still be offered a group class (in classical guitar, though it did not specifically say that when I took it) at Chattanooga State Technical Community College, and there may be some lessons available at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga. Another resource is Michael McCallie at Guitar Chattanooga. I know he teaches the young, but he may also take on adults, I'm not sure. Find it on FB, or

http://guitarchattanooga.org/

(I think he updates its facebook page more often than the website)

Good luck!
CAW

dennyuu

Post by dennyuu » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:58 pm

Hello,

Welcome to the forum!
Hey don't throw out that cigar box--
I can do something special with that

Return to “Introduce yourself”