Hello from Australia

diamondsky9

Hello from Australia

Post by diamondsky9 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:03 am

I have been playing Guitar and Mandolin for many years on and off depending on circumstances.
My interest up to now has been in Folk, Blues and Roots music.
I bought a Yamaha Guitalele a few years ago and have just bought Kala
I'm interested in E tuning to make it a small guitar suitable for travelling this big country in camper.
I have been lured into classical guitar lately listening to work by Bach and Carolan all played on this crazy little instrument.
I am interested to experiment with different string types and so found your wonderful forum and joined up for the ride.
cheers
Al

Erik Zurcher

Re: Hello from Australia

Post by Erik Zurcher » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:07 am

Hello Al and welcome to Delcamp forum! Enjoy yourself and see you around!

To learn more about this forum and its rules, please have a look at our welcome page

- Once you have had 2 messages approved by the moderators, you will get access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and also be able to post your own scores and recordings.

- After posting 20 messages, please subscribe to the 020 group. It allows you to download the remaining levels of the Delcamp scores. To subscribe to the 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit. It may take a day or two to be approved.

- We advise members to add their location in their profile. To add your location, click on your Username (top right of the page, select User Control Panel, then on the "Profile" tab, and finally type your town and state, or even just your country, into the field next to "Location:"
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

Contreras

Post by Contreras » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:46 am

Hi and welcome - lots of interest to you here

Where do you live? (eg Sydney?)
1929 Francisco Simplicio
1997 Manuel Contreras Doble tapa

diamondsky9

Post by diamondsky9 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:43 am

Hi Guys
Well I think with the help from Giles and some other posts on this and
other forums I have come up with an acceptable solution for E tuning on Guitalele.
Aquila 153c E A D G - D'Dardarrio EJ99T tenor Uke C and E tuned B and E -dont use A and G strings
works for me
Thanks
cheers

Gilded Strings

Post by Gilded Strings » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:44 am

HI Al and welcome from another Aussie here on the forums.

dennyuu

Post by dennyuu » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:36 pm

Hi!
Welcome to the forum!
Hey don't throw out that cigar box--
I can do something special with that

Return to “Introduce yourself”