Greetings from Melbourne!

Gitanoz

Greetings from Melbourne!

Post by Gitanoz » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:31 am

I have been a guitarist and teacher for over forty years. I studied classical guitar for five years and taught myself flamenco after about the first year of classical guitar study. In 1975 I travelled to France and studied with my uncle, Alexandre Lagoya at his Summer School in Nice. I stayed at his house in Paris for a further two months and continued my study with him. As I was also playing flamenco guitar he told me that I had to choose between the two styles, so I went to Spain and studied with Paco de Lucia's father as well as a couple of others. I returned to Spain in 1990 as well as 1995 studying with Paco Pena, Juan Maya "Marote", Carlos Del Rio, Merengue de Córdoba, El Entri, Canito, Pedro del Valle, Jesus Torres, and others. I worked extensively doing concerts with singers and Spanish dancers for over forty years. Now in my later years I have returned to playing classical guitar again as well as Renaissance Lute.

George Crocket

Re: Greetings from Melbourne!

Post by George Crocket » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:31 am

Hi Gitanoz. Welcome to the forum. That's quite a lot of experience to share here! :discussion:

Please be sure to look at our welcome page for more information about the forum and its rules. Since you have posted two messages you can access all the mp3 files and videos in our recording sections, all the members' scores and levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and post your own scores and recordings. After 20 posts you may subscribe to the 020 usergroup with associated membership privileges including access to the higher levels of sheet music in Delcamp's library (see here).

It is helpful if members include their location in their Profile - click on your username and edit.

See you around.
George
2010 Stephen Eden spruce/cocobolo classical guitar
2012 Stephen Eden cedar/IRW classical guitar

Smudger5150

Re: Greetings from Melbourne!

Post by Smudger5150 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:51 am

Hi Gitanoz,

Welcome to Delcamp. You do indeed appear to have had a lot of experience!

And am I correct in thinking your uncle is the esteemed Alexandre Lagoya, husband and duet partner to the one and only Ida Presti?
Very impressive lineage indeed if I'm correct.

Regards

Steve aka Smudger5150
"Music washes away the dust of every day life." Art Blakey

"If I don’t practice for a day, I know it. If I don’t practice for two days, the critics know it. And if I don’t practice for three days, the public knows it." Louis Armstrong

Return to “Introduce yourself”