introduction

lionpants

introduction

Post by lionpants » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:21 pm

Hello from a middle aged, beer drinking, ukulele playing, guitar torturing idiot in New York. Sorry to call attention to myself, but it seems to be necessary in order to download the transcription of JS Bach’s keyboard "Capriccio on the Departure of his Most Beloved Brother" so generously posted by pogmoor. For several years, I have been looking for the transcription in D by Gentaro Takada in a 1993 issue of Gendai Guitar, which a guy plays on YouTube, but no luck. Guitar players rule.

simonm

Re: introduction

Post by simonm » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:50 pm

Welcome to the forum.

- Once you have had 2 messages approved by the moderators, you will get access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and also be able to post your own scores and recordings.

- To get started please take a look at the new member info here: http://www.classicalguitardelcamp.com/v ... 28&t=36537

- After posting 20 messages, please subscribe to the 020 group. It allows you to download the remaining levels of the Delcamp scores. To subscribe to the 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit. It may take a day or two to be approved.

Regards,

Simon

pogmoor

Post by pogmoor » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:10 pm

lionpants wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:21 pm
...the transcription of JS Bach’s keyboard "Capriccio on the Departure of his Most Beloved Brother" so generously posted by pogmoor...
Thank you for the mention - and welcome to the forum. I hope you'll stick around and join in :)

There's a whole lot of other good arrangements here - a wide variety from M. Delcamp himself and those from other forum members.
Eric from GuitarLoot
Renaissance and Baroque freak; classical guitars by Lester Backshall (2008), Ramirez (Guitarra del Tiempo 2017),
Yamaha (SLG 130NW silent classical guitar 2014).

lionpants

Post by lionpants » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:23 pm

Thanks Eric. I see you are a Renaissance and Baroque freak. I have been thinking about taking up the lute, but have some concern it would be too much of a distraction from the guitars. Do you play the lute?

pogmoor

Post by pogmoor » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:41 pm

lionpants wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:23 pm
Thanks Eric. I see you are a Renaissance and Baroque freak. I have been thinking about taking up the lute, but have some concern it would be too much of a distraction from the guitars. Do you play the lute?
No I stick to the guitar. I did think about playing the lute when I was younger - I even tried building a renaissance lute but I discovered I basically wasn't any good at woodwork!

One of the drawbacks lute playing is that if you want to cover the whole spectrum of lute music you need to master several instruments with varying numbers of strings and different tunings. I just haven't got the talent for that. But I love listening to lute music.
Eric from GuitarLoot
Renaissance and Baroque freak; classical guitars by Lester Backshall (2008), Ramirez (Guitarra del Tiempo 2017),
Yamaha (SLG 130NW silent classical guitar 2014).

lionpants

Post by lionpants » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:11 pm

Sensible. That confirms my decision to stick to the guitar. I am vaguely envious of a local guy who commissioned a lute, and is now, after a couple of years, commissioning a theorbo. Not sure I could fit a theorbo in my practice room without sticking the neck out the window. Would probably poke my wife in the eye with it too. All kinds of reasons to stick to the guitar.

Notech64

Post by Notech64 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:52 pm

Hello :bye:

Return to “Introduce yourself”