Hello from Auckland, New Zealand

Kl3tz

Hello from Auckland, New Zealand

Post by Kl3tz » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:19 am

Hi everyone,
thanks for accepting me into this forum.
It has been a great resource for me so far.

A bit about me:
I am an avid player, and I love music across genres.

My story:
I have been active musician since 2005, starting as singer/lead guitarist in a Metallica cover band, back in Germany, where I grew up. We played gigs and recorded music in our on rehearsal room back then. I soon started writing own pieces, which led to several albums and lots of gigs. band constellations changed, the music became more progressive/psychedelic/alternative. Main influences became Tool, Porcupine Tree, Pink Floyd. I wanted to study Jazz at a conservatory, but wan't admitted, unfortunately. At this point, I wrote more music as solo artist, exploring electronic music, percussion instruments, piano, violin, and then...stopped for a while. There was a break due to focusing on other things in life. This resulted in a 4-year hiatus from playing an instrument.

Some years later, my wife and I moved to New Zealand. Work mates at a new job reignited my passion for music at some point, so for the last year I have been focusing on bringing my self up to speed on the electric guitar, AND as a novelty improving my skills on the classical guitar. I am determined to professionalize my classical guitar abilities to a presentable level, meaning performances, possibly teaching at a very later stage. I have always been, and will continue to be, self-taught. I have found a fidelity in the instrument and repertoire of the classical guitar that no other previous experience has been able to give me.

I am currently learning through Fred Noads Solo Guitar 1 (currently at 5th position), which has allowed me to start from scratch, and has provided me with a new approach to notes, technique, musicianship and repertoire. In addition, the vast sorces on the internet are very helpful for each topic I encounter.

My repertoire that I am currently working on:
  • Barrios-La Catedral
  • Barrios-Una Limosnita por Amor del Dios
  • Villa-Lobos Etude no2
  • Villa-Lobos Prelude no1
  • Villa-Lobos Prelude no3
  • Debussy-La fille aux cheveux lin
  • Debussy-Clair de Lune
  • Bach-Prelude BWV999
  • Tarrega-Lagrima
  • 5 self-written songs
---

My biggest challenges currently:

-Learning to sight-read notation (I've always played from tabs)
-Playing without error (I often forget parts/play uncleanly)
-Tremolo at intended speed

Looking forward to great discussions with all of you :)
Marco
Yamaha G245s
Ibanez AEG 10N II BK
Ibanez A300E-TCS
Okay Unknown
ESP JR-208 8-string
Epiphone Les Paul Studio Gothic
Yamaha RGX 121

George Crocket

Re: Hello from Auckland, New Zealand

Post by George Crocket » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:37 am

Hello Marco. Welcome to the forum and thanks for the interesting introduction.

If you have not already done so, please have a look at our welcome page for more information about the forum and its rules. Since you have posted two messages you may access all the mp3 files and videos in our recording sections, all the members' scores and levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and post your own scores and recordings. After 20 posts you may subscribe to the 020 usergroup with associated membership privileges including access to the higher levels of sheet music in Delcamp's library (see here).

It is helpful if members include their location in their Profile - click on your username and edit.

Enjoy your visits.
George
2010 Stephen Eden spruce/cocobolo classical guitar
2012 Stephen Eden cedar/IRW classical guitar

Return to “Introduce yourself”