Greetings

Ozishko

Greetings

Post by Ozishko » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:48 am

Greetings, I am Ozan from Turkey, I have been playing guitar for overt 6 months, I played harmonica and piano before that, but I havent touched a piano for like 2 years. I am self taught, I enjoy songs from Medieval era, Renaissance, Baroque and Classical era. I enjoy picking up melodies of some songs by ear than adding harmony to them as I want, that's what I like the most about guitar. I know how to read sheet music. Though I struggle finding songs to play. I have trouble expanding my repertoire. I don't know much music from the eras I like and I am looking for a list of songs or anthologies so I can find sheet music etc. I am working on Robert Johnson's Alman right now. Yeah, that is all I can say I guess :) Thank you for letting me join.

George Crocket

Re: Greetings

Post by George Crocket » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:45 am

Greetings Ozan. Welcome to the forum. You should be able to get some of Prof Delcamp's sheet music to suit your taste. But first, please have a look at our welcome page for more information about the forum and its rules. Then when you have posted a second message you will be able to access all the mp3 files and videos in our recording sections, all the members' scores and levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and post your own scores and recordings. After 20 posts you may subscribe to the 020 usergroup with associated membership privileges including access to the higher levels of sheet music in Delcamp's library (see here).

It is helpful if members include their location in their Profile - click on your username and edit.

Have fun.
George
2010 Stephen Eden spruce/cocobolo classical guitar
2012 Stephen Eden cedar/IRW classical guitar

Ozishko

Post by Ozishko » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:43 am

Hello George, thank you a lot for these useful information! I added my location to my profile. Yes I found some interesting sheet music here! So I should post more messages and be more active to access more sources I guess. Thank you again for your warm welcome.

George Crocket

Post by George Crocket » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:37 pm

Correct, Ozan. Posting more opens more resources. And the more active you are, the more you will get out of your membership.
George
2010 Stephen Eden spruce/cocobolo classical guitar
2012 Stephen Eden cedar/IRW classical guitar

Return to “Introduce yourself”