Good Day from Phoenix! Which one is the E string again?

DeweyTime

Good Day from Phoenix! Which one is the E string again?

Post by DeweyTime » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:06 am

Hello all!

Trumpeter in my early years, then stopped music all together. My dad has always played Classical Guitar, "nothing" more than a hobbyist, but still played almost every day although his frequency is waning in the later years. My profession is in IT and I finally got tired of work, sleep, work, sleep, etc. I've always been envious of those who could create/recreate music and finally questioned why not me? Start the journey to better life quality in the footsteps of my dad. I've always loved the classical guitar and considered it an impossibility. Not going to lie, scared I won't stick with it, but I won't know until I start.

So here's to the start of the journey.

simonm

Re: Good Day from Phoenix! Which one is the E string again?

Post by simonm » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:09 am

Welcome to the forum.

- Once you have had 2 messages approved by the moderators, you will get access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and also be able to post your own scores and recordings.

- To get started please take a look at the new member info here: http://www.classicalguitardelcamp.com/v ... 28&t=36537

- After posting 20 messages, please subscribe to the 020 group. It allows you to download the remaining levels of the Delcamp scores. To subscribe to the 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit. It may take a day or two to be approved.

- It is useful to put your location into your profile so that people can see where you are located. Just click on your name on the right and then on "edit profile".

Regards,

Simon

BellyDoc

Post by BellyDoc » Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:07 pm

Welcome from another adult beginner. I'm in the West Valley!

Concerns regarding "sticking with it" are, unfortunately, completely justified. The frequency of people giving up as soon as they start is depressingly high.

The most important way to reduce the likelihood of this is to plug in with a teacher.

The next most important is to discover that music is best experienced by sharing it. Support your fellow musicians as they play. Play with other musicians. Play FOR other musicians. Talk about music with fellow enthusiasts. Tap into a network of people who mirror your enthusiasm and then borrow some of theirs, too. Where do you find such a network of guitarists?

Simple. They're the other ones that study with your teacher!
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." -Sir Isaac Newton

Armin Hanika 56PF

DeweyTime

Post by DeweyTime » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:14 am

Yep, definitely need to get a teacher to keep me on track. I'm looking forward to it.

Practicing has been keeping my calm during Red Sox playoff games. :D

Cyrrus

Post by Cyrrus » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:33 pm

I just started as well and found a teacher for once a week. The teacher is very grueling but it is a great way to be focused in practicing! Very affordable as well!

Return to “Introduce yourself”