Greetings from Scotland

gav777

Greetings from Scotland

Post by gav777 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:27 pm

Hello from the central belt of Scotland,

After playing a fair bit as a teenager, rediscovered the guitar in the last couple of years and playing a fair bit since. Few questions now to ask the more experienced.

Interests: Flamenco and now heavily into Barrios, who annoyingly wasn't on any of the syllabuses when I did the graded exams as a youth. Absolute master of composition and harmony IMO.

Thanks
G

oski79

Re: Greetings from Scotland

Post by oski79 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:57 pm

Welcome to Delcamp!

If you haven't already, please take a moment to read this page for a good rundown on how the forum works, rules, history, etc. You have found a great source of classical guitar knowledge, as we have a wide assortment of members, from beginners to performing artists, with a number of fine teachers, historians, and luthiers. So feel free to ask any questions you might have, but consider using the search function first, as many topics have already been discussed at length.

If you participate in other online forums, you might notice that things can occasionally get rather heated. We work hard to keep that from happening on Delcamp. Please read Mssr. Delcamp’s thoughts on the subject.

Please note that there is a requirement to post an average of once a month. Members not meeting this standard may have their memberships terminated.

Adding your location to your profile is a nice touch. Many of us have made new friends from doing just that.

Again, welcome to the forum!

Regards,

oski79
“People may say I can’t sing, but no one can ever say I didn’t sing.” --Florence Foster Jenkins

George Crocket

Post by George Crocket » Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:37 pm

Hi Gav. Welcome, from Glasgow. There are quite a few Scots on the forum.

Are you aware of the Big Guitar Weekend taking place at the Royal Conservatoire in Glasgow next weekend. I am participating in the whole thing, but short of that there are various concerts that may interest you. If you do come along, look out for me and say hello.
George
2010 Stephen Eden spruce/cocobolo classical guitar
2012 Stephen Eden cedar/IRW classical guitar

gav777

Post by gav777 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:39 pm

Hi,

No, I wasn't; will check out now.

Cheers
G

Return to “Introduce yourself”