Starting lessons

Sheldon Kawonga

Starting lessons

Post by Sheldon Kawonga » Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:36 pm

Hi I am new to this forum. I got a guitar as a kid but would only use it to mess around from time to time. I'm past the point of being daunted by the guitar but also have enough lack of preparation so that I'm ready to learn properly. I plan on learning classical and I'm going to be self taught as there are no guitarists near me. So I'm going to be using the Free lessons from this forum but I have some popular books as well.

If anyone here has experience with the lessons, do you know whether they teach you how to read sheet music, as I would like to be able to do this to? Or do I have to learn it elsewhere?

oski79

Re: Starting lessons

Post by oski79 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:56 pm

Welcome to Delcamp!

If you haven't already, please take a moment to read this page for a good rundown on how the forum works, rules, history, etc. You have found a great source of classical guitar knowledge, as we have a wide assortment of members, from beginners to performing artists, with a number of fine teachers, historians, and luthiers. So feel free to ask any questions you might have, but consider using the search function first, as many topics have already been discussed at length.

If you participate in other online forums, you might notice that things can occasionally get rather heated. We work hard to keep that from happening on Delcamp. Please read Mssr. Delcamp’s thoughts on the subject.

Please note that there is a requirement to post an average of once a month. Members not meeting this standard may have their memberships terminated.

Adding your location to your profile is a nice touch. Many of us have made new friends from doing just that.

Again, welcome to the forum!

Regards,

oski79
“People may say I can’t sing, but no one can ever say I didn’t sing.” --Florence Foster Jenkins

celestemcc

Post by celestemcc » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:35 pm

If anyone here has experience with the lessons, do you know whether they teach you how to read sheet music, as I would like to be able to do this to? Or do I have to learn it elsewhere?
A good teacher will teach you to read music; just be sure you ask potential teachers. A classical guitar teacher will teach you to read, no question there! Great you want to learn to read!
2015 Connor spruce/Indian rosewood
1978 Ramirez 1a cedar

Sheldon Kawonga

Post by Sheldon Kawonga » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:24 pm

Cheers for the advice.

Return to “Introduce yourself”