Hello from St Louis MO

drainky

Hello from St Louis MO

Post by drainky » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:48 pm

Flash! Long time classical guitar owner begins practicing seriously! I have played at guitar for about 50 years. While a dedicated amateur player I have found the added benefit of the guitar being a welcome and inexpensive therapist. I have taken lessons for maybe a total of 4 years yet I taught myself music, after having it in grade school, so I figured out I would take formal classical guitar lessons infrequently and then mostly work on my own; hoping that practice would see me through. I started practicing guitar when I was 16 years old and throughout my mid 20's until my late 40's I didn't let a year pass by without picking up my at least one time. :D In my early 50's I took lessons from a good teacher for a few years and that has been the inspiration for a slow return to the more frequent practice I'm devoting and the pleasure I'm receiving from the instrument. While I have the four volumes of "La Escuela Razonada de la Guitar" and I'm on book two I have been working away with the Mauro Guilani studies very helpful along with Sor's twenty studies. The pieces I attempt to play range from "Capricho Arabe" to "Classical Gas". I'm now 66, retired and really can devote time to practice. I've learned that practice can actually benefit playing and I'm having a good time. Talley ho!
:D :)

George Crocket

Re: Hello from St Louis MO

Post by George Crocket » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:03 pm

Hello drainky. Welcome to the forum. Retirement is the best time for doing lots of practice. :chitarrista:

If you have not already done so, please have a look at our welcome page for more information about the forum and its rules. Once you have posted a second message you will be able to access all the mp3 files and videos in our recording sections, all the members' scores and levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and post your own scores and recordings. After 20 posts you may subscribe to the 020 usergroup with associated membership privileges including access to the higher levels of sheet music in Delcamp's library (see here).

It is helpful if members include their location in their Profile - click on your username and edit.

Enjoy your visits.
George
2010 Stephen Eden spruce/cocobolo classical guitar
2012 Stephen Eden cedar/IRW classical guitar

Christopher Langley
Student of the online lessons

Post by Christopher Langley » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:28 pm

Hello from Marthasville, MO!

I'm about an hour from the city. Cool to see someone in my area joining the site.
Let there be songs to fill the air.

Bill-stl

Post by Bill-stl » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:35 am

I, too, am from St Louis. Just took a drive today admiring the fall colors and passed thru Marthasville.Beautiful area.
Esteve Fernandez Valencia

Return to “Introduce yourself”