picker in Pennsylvania

pilgrim53

picker in Pennsylvania

Post by pilgrim53 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:55 pm

Greetings to all,
My name is Larry and I'm new to this forum. Here's a bit about my guitar history. I grew up in the 70s playing ragtime and country blues--a lot of Mississippi John Hurt and Rev. Gary Davis. Then in college I took up the classical guitar, taking classes for two years. I kept that up for a couple years beyond college then let it slide when I had to return the classical guitar I'd borrowed for those years. I played a bit of fingerstyle off and on but less and less as I got busy with kids. Now that they are grown, I've gotten back into the guitar--pretty seriously for the last 5 or so years. I've been mostly working on a variety of fingerstyle tunes, but this year I dusted off a couple of Bach pieces I once learned and then more recently got interested in arrangements of traditional Celtic tunes. So right now, I'm looking to explore both classical and folk arrangements. I've always been pretty lazy technique-wise and I'm thinking maybe if I get myself a classical guitar, I might get back into more proper posture and fingering (which could only be for the good!).
I look forward to seeing where this all takes me!

George Crocket

Re: picker in Pennsylvania

Post by George Crocket » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:21 pm

Greetings Larry. Welcome to the forum. Good luck with your quest for improved classical guitar technique.

To start, please have a look at our welcome page for more information about the forum and its rules. Once you have posted a second message you will be able to access all the mp3 files and videos in our recording sections, all the members' scores and levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and post your own scores and recordings. After 20 posts you may subscribe to the 020 usergroup with associated membership privileges including access to the higher levels of sheet music in Delcamp's library (see here).

It is helpful if members include their location in their Profile - click on your username and edit.

See you around.
George
2010 Stephen Eden spruce/cocobolo classical guitar
2012 Stephen Eden cedar/IRW classical guitar

Return to “Introduce yourself”