Beginner in Oakland, CA

camcairn

Beginner in Oakland, CA

Post by camcairn » Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:31 am

Hello All,

My name is Cam and I live in Oakland, CA. I'm 35 yo. I've performed and loved listening to music all my life. I jammed on an electric guitar as a kid and moved into computer music then onto analog synthesizers, etc. Performances have largely consisted of improvisational ambient electronic music. But i have always had an interest in Classical music. Over the last 5 years I have developed some taste for music by Prokofiev, Schnittke, Bach... and thought for a moment i should learn to play piano then... I heard Julian Bream playing Bach and Britten. The guitar is my instrument. I love the violin and the piano, the cello too but none of them called to me like the classical guitar.

So i got a couple of beginner books and a no name mass market guitar and have been trying to devote an hour a night to playing. i have a couple of preludes under my belt. working on keeping my nails in check and it is such a pleasure. I have a feeling i'll keep this practice up the rest of my life.

George Crocket

Re: Beginner in Oakland, CA

Post by George Crocket » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:46 am

Hello Cam. Welcome to the forum. It's great that you are getting so much out of learning classical guitar. Regular practice is a big help. :contrat:

If you have not already done so, please have a look at our welcome page for more information about the forum and its rules.

With two messages already posted you may access all the mp3 files and videos in our recording sections, all the members' scores and levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and post your own scores and recordings. After 20 posts you may subscribe to the 020 usergroup with associated membership privileges including access to the higher levels of sheet music in Delcamp's library (see here).

It is helpful if members include their location in their Profile - click on your username and edit.

Have fun. :guitare:
George
2010 Stephen Eden spruce/cocobolo classical guitar
2012 Stephen Eden cedar/IRW classical guitar

Return to “Introduce yourself”