Greetings from beautiful Loire valley, France!

Errabal49

Greetings from beautiful Loire valley, France!

Post by Errabal49 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:57 am

Hi everyone! I am a retired scientist (69 yo) who has always enjoyed listening to classical guitar masters, composers... and players of course. I started playing around on an old Couesnon model (luthier from Mirecourt, France), which was later replaced by various Japanese made models, the only ones available in New Caledonia where I was brought up. While in Australia during my first student years (1969-1974), I took some lessons with late Antonio Losada, a former student of Andrés Segovia, but I did not get much further than acquiring the basics. But the virus was inoculated, and I started learning and playing more regularly. In 1976, I held a position as teacher for debutants at what was then the Ecole de Musique (music school) at Nouméa, New Caledonia, now a Conservatoire managed by an old-time acquaintance, Jean-Pierre Cabée, himself a professional classical guitarist. Then I learned and played intermittently while travelling, and after I got my PhD I got a full-time job as environmental biologist and chemist and had much less time to play the guitar. Yet, while being a visiting scientist at SIO, San Diego, California, I got re-infected by the guitar virus, and I bought a second hand concert guitar (see my first post of Oct 29, 2018, renamed “What model is this guitar?”, but again I had to concentrate of academic duties and responsibilities, and I have neglected playing it… until this year. I am now trying to revisit my basics and some of the pieces I used to play, with less agile fingers but with intact determination, even though I feel a little isolated in my little village near beautiful Angers, France.
Errabal49

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Re: Greetings from beautiful Loire valley, France!

Post by GeoffB » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:57 am

Hi Errabal49,

Welcome to the forum! Please have a look at this page for some useful information to get you started, including links to the rules and helpfiles. You now have access to all members' scores and recordings plus the first 3 levels of the Delcamp score collections. After you have posted 20 messages, you can apply for the 020 group, which will give you access to the remaining levels. Just ask if you have any questions. I look forward to seeing you around!

Best wishes,
Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

Return to “Introduce yourself”