Hello from Ottawa

bongglee

Hello from Ottawa

Post by bongglee » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:59 pm

Hello, I am Bong. I had played guitar when I was young. Now as I am getting older and planning to retire, I want to learn to play classical guitar as a hobby after retire. While trying to learn classical guitar by myself using a book and youtube video, I have found this wonderful online site.
I hope to learn more about playing classical guitar on this forum.
Thanks, Bong

Erik Zurcher

Re: Hello from Ottawa

Post by Erik Zurcher » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:38 pm

Hello Bong and welcome to Delcamp forum! Enjoy yourself and see you around!

To learn more about this forum and its rules, please have a look at our welcome page

- Once you have had 2 messages approved by the moderators, you will get access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and also be able to post your own scores and recordings.

- After posting 20 messages, please subscribe to the 020 group. It allows you to download the remaining levels of the Delcamp scores. To subscribe to the 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit. It may take a day or two to be approved.

- We advise members to add their location in their profile. To add your location, click on your Username (top right of the page, select User Control Panel, then on the "Profile" tab, and finally type your town and state, or even just your country, into the field next to "Location:"
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

bongglee

Post by bongglee » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:56 pm

Thanks for your welcome. I have added my location as you advised.
Can you let me know which level of online course do I need to start with? I have played guitar long time ago and recently I started to play again, but I'm almost just beginner. And also I need to download the pdf file to start the course with 2 messages approved. Thanks,

CathyCate

Post by CathyCate » Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:08 pm

Bong
While I have not taken the course myself, I am an eternal beginner with the guitar and other instruments.
You can never go wrong by starting at the beginning. If things get boring or everything seems too easy, a self promotion may be in order.
I am sure other Forum members will chime in soon with their suggestions.
I just didn't want to delay your post approval and your access to downloads :wink:
All the best!
Cathy
Matthew Chaffin 2014 spruce/quilted maple
Andy Culpepper 2015 bear claw spruce/flamed maple

dta721

Post by dta721 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:21 pm

bongglee wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:56 pm
Thanks for your welcome. I have added my location as you advised.
Can you let me know which level of online course do I need to start with? I have played guitar long time ago and recently I started to play again, but I'm almost just beginner. And also I need to download the pdf file to start the course with 2 messages approved. Thanks,
I am not an online student on Delcamp, however the following links may help:
viewforum.php?f=41
viewtopic.php?f=41&t=62687

Dave

scott martin

Post by scott martin » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:12 pm

hi bong,
welcome to the web sight. what kind of guitar do you have?

bongglee

Post by bongglee » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:28 am

Hi Scott,
I have a De Cascia guitar which I bought from the Grand Guitar Salon in Montreal. It is a guitar for beginner.

Return to “Introduce yourself”