Greetings from South Carolina, USA

adamk

Greetings from South Carolina, USA

Post by adamk » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:21 pm

Hello all,
My name is Adam and I'm delighted to find this community. I've been playing classical guitar since 2002, studying music at the University of South Carolina. After graduating, I still enjoyed playing classical music, but my focus as more on writing folk and rock as I started playing gigs in coffee shops around the area. I have an Alhambra 7P. A few of my favorite composers are Brouwer, Domeniconi, and Tarrega.
Cheers
Adam

Erik Zurcher

Re: Greetings from South Carolina, USA

Post by Erik Zurcher » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:33 pm

Hello Adam and welcome to Delcamp forum! Enjoy yourself and see you around!

To learn more about this forum and its rules, please have a look at our welcome page

- Once you have had 2 messages approved by the moderators, you will get access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and also be able to post your own scores and recordings.

- After posting 20 messages, please subscribe to the 020 group. It allows you to download the remaining levels of the Delcamp scores. To subscribe to the 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit. It may take a day or two to be approved.

- We advise members to add their location in their profile. To add your location, click on your Username (top right of the page, select User Control Panel, then on the "Profile" tab, and finally type your town and state, or even just your country, into the field next to "Location:"
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

Jack Douglas

Post by Jack Douglas » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:50 pm

Welcome, Adam. You come from a great guitar program with Christopher Berg. I hope you enjoy your Delcamp experience.
Jack
Richard Brune 'Artist' Cedar/Brazilian 1996

jgiddings

Post by jgiddings » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:28 am

Welcome to Delcamp, Adam! This is a wonderful resource for guitarists.
You mentioned your interest in Domeniconi's music. If you haven't already seen it, check out Franziska Henke's performance of "Schnee in Istanbul" on YouTube. Absolutely stunning.

Best,
-Jim

adamk

Post by adamk » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:30 pm

Awesome, thank you very much! It's nice to be able to connect with folks from around the world.

adamk

Post by adamk » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:32 pm

Professor Berg is a great teacher. I got to attend several of his performances in the Columbia area. Thank you for your welcome!
Adam

adamk

Post by adamk » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:43 pm

Thanks for your recommendation! I couldn't find her version, but i did listen to a few other versions. Lovely piece. Here is the piece that got me interested in Domeniconi. Variations on an Anatolian Folk Song. Great version here.

[mod edit: copyrighted music. Search youtube: I. Andronoglou performs Variationen uber ein anatolisches Volkslied (Carlo Domeniconi)]

Jack Douglas

Post by Jack Douglas » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:11 pm

I found the You-tube; very nice!
Richard Brune 'Artist' Cedar/Brazilian 1996

Return to “Introduce yourself”