New Classical guitar enthusiast

Ausangate

New Classical guitar enthusiast

Post by Ausangate » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:13 am

Hello,

I am so glad that I find this board with so many members and resources. I am not talented quite the opposite, probably clumsy. I love the guitar and the idea of making music. I have returned to the guitar many time during my 50+ years; I am in one of the periods of dusting off the instrument an reigniting the fire -- a good sign.

Time to make new friends, chase old/new dreams... play the guitar.

Thank you for the opportunity and looking forward to the experience.

Ausangate.

George Crocket

Re: New Classical guitar enthusiast

Post by George Crocket » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:04 am

Hi Ausangate. Welcome to the forum. It is a friendly place which I hope may inspire you to keep playing guitar.

If you have not already done so, please have a look at our welcome page for more information about the forum and its rules. Once you have posted a second message you will be able to access all the mp3 files and videos in our recording sections, all the members' scores and levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and post your own scores and recordings. After 20 posts you may subscribe to the 020 usergroup with associated membership privileges including access to the higher levels of sheet music in Delcamp's library (see here).

It is helpful if members include their location in their Profile - click on your username and edit.

Enjoy your visits.
George
2010 Stephen Eden spruce/cocobolo classical guitar
2012 Stephen Eden cedar/IRW classical guitar

scott martin

Post by scott martin » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:41 am

Hi Ausangate,

Welcome to the forum. Never let go your guitar and your pen. Best of luck

Scott

Rick Beauregard
Student tutor

Post by Rick Beauregard » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:03 pm

Welcome Ausangate. Studies suggest reaching your potential is more about “deliberate practice” for a long time than it is about talent. If you can maintain persistence this time, I predict good things. This forum can help.

Good luck!
All this time I thought I was making music; it was making me.
2015 Steve Ganz "Solidarity"
1980 Dauphin D30
1962 Fender pre-CBS P-Bass
National Triolian Uke ca.1930
Almost as many fly rods as guitars
_/) _/)
_/)

Petemayo

Post by Petemayo » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:44 am

"Not talented"? "Clumbsy"? Can't be worst than me and I am not saying that just to sound humble. But I love it anyway and people who can't play tell me I sound good. Poor things. Go for it. And there are some very easy things that are beautiful.

Return to “Introduce yourself”