Greetings from south of france

jfu7309

Greetings from south of france

Post by jfu7309 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:07 pm

I am a member of the french forum for about 5 years now and I'd like to open my knowledge to northern guitarists. As a self made guitarist I begun years ago by songs accompaniment trying to imitate Bob Dylan and old blues men Big bill Broonzy, Mississipy John Hurt and so on. More recently I try to learn about classical guitar with the help of a teacher . I really enjoy this learning but progresses are tiny at my age of 70. Any way , any occasion to listen to good music is a pleasure for me and beside that this could be a good way to improve my English

Jean François

oski79

Re: Greetings from south of france

Post by oski79 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:21 pm

Welcome to Delcamp!

If you haven't already, please take a moment to read this page for a good rundown on how the forum works, rules, history, etc. You have found a great source of classical guitar knowledge, as we have a wide assortment of members, from beginners to performing artists, with a number of fine teachers, historians, and luthiers. So feel free to ask any questions you might have, but consider using the search function first, as many topics have already been discussed at length.

If you participate in other online forums, you might notice that things can occasionally get rather heated. We work hard to keep that from happening on Delcamp. Please read Mssr. Delcamp’s thoughts on the subject.

Please note that there is a requirement to post an average of once a month. Members not meeting this standard may have their memberships terminated.

Adding your location to your profile is a nice touch. Many of us have made new friends from doing just that.

Again, welcome to the forum!

Regards,

oski79
“People may say I can’t sing, but no one can ever say I didn’t sing.” --Florence Foster Jenkins

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:43 pm

Hello Jean François,

Welcome to the English side of the forum! I am sure you will find plenty to interest you here, and I look forward to seeing you around.

Best wishes,
Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

scott martin

Post by scott martin » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:55 am

Hi Jean François,

Welcome to the forum. Music is the universal language.

Return to “Introduce yourself”