Son and Father

Kaius

Son and Father

Post by Kaius » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:32 pm

I've joined Delcamp before and it is an amazing site - each time I've been able to find inspiration and the material to take my playing forward. Thanks. I'm coming back after a few years and so pleased that the site is still up and running so well. This time I'm here because my 11 year old is ready for some lessons - from me! He wants to learn an Oasis song and I'm quite ready for that but I want him to learn the basics of music notation etc as well - and I'm going to teach that from a classical perspective. I'm far from a wildly skilled player - in UK grades I'd be stuck around 4/5 - but I play well by the standards of those who don't and I've certainly had a lifetime - well that's ridiculously close to 50 years - What! - yes of playing, stopping, playing, stopping etc. So now it's time to pass on to this child my inability to stick to one thing! I'm sure Delcamp will have some beginners material I can use with Kaius, that's his name I've registered under. Advice about where to go is gladly accepted and I look forward to starting. We've booked a first lesson this coming Thursday. Thanks to you all who maintain this wonderful resource. Tim Neal

George Crocket

Re: Son and Father

Post by George Crocket » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:43 pm

Hi Kaius. Welcome back. What a great reason to rejoin. Perhaps teaching your son will give you yet more inspiration and motivation.

Our welcome page provides more information about the forum and its rules. Please have a look. There may be changes since you were last here.

Basic permission for access all the mp3 files and videos in our recording sections, all the members' scores and levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and post your own scores and recordings requires a second post. Additional membership privileges are achieved after 20 posts and subscription to the 020 usergroup (see here).

It is helpful if members include their location in their Profile - click on your username and edit.

Good luck!
George
2010 Stephen Eden spruce/cocobolo classical guitar
2012 Stephen Eden cedar/IRW classical guitar

Kaius

Post by Kaius » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:27 am

Thanks George,
I've made a second post - I missed the email from the site - must look in my spam folder in the future - I've had to borrow my eldest daughter's guitar (which once was mine, loaned to my brother in law and then given by him to her...) as my classical guitar has gone walkabouts... I must have taken it somewhere and someone has taken it. Any how, tuning up the replacement and dusting off the foot stool...
Kaius

jgiddings

Post by jgiddings » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:50 pm

Welcome, Tim & Kaius! As you already know, Delcamp is a terrific resource for guitarists (and aspiring guitarists). How wonderful that your son has your enthusiasm and support as he begins his own journey with the guitar. My son is a jazz pianist, and we've always shared a love of music that continues to this day -- a very special bond indeed.

Your son's teacher will, no doubt, guide his progress. Like many others on the Delcamp forum, I recommend instructional materials by Frederick Noad and Aaron Shearer. Scales and arpeggios are a must; slow, steady practice with a metronome, too. Plus, Delcamp offers many graded scores.

I wish you and your son all the best!

-JG

Return to “Introduce yourself”