New member from Indiana

Mike Kirsch

New member from Indiana

Post by Mike Kirsch » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:22 pm

Hi, my name is Mike, new member from central Indiana. I have been studying classical guitar for about 4 years, studying with a great teacher in Bloomington Indiana. I am 56 years old and a full time home builder so I try to make the most of my limited practice time. I started guitar lessons about 8 years ago with an electric guitar. During the first few years I decided to try building a guitar. This went really well. My first build was a Red Special, of course inspired by my love of the sound Brian May was getting. My second and third build were Les Paul clones, one was a 59 clone and the other was a clone of the guitar that Slash played on AFD. The last build was a clone on a 70's era Rickenbacker 360/6. Crazy thing about classical guitar, once your hooked, all other music comes second. I love my Yulong Gao guitar and haven't touched the electric guitars in months. I joined the group to study a little more of the music analysis of some of the pieces I am trying to polish up. Thanks for letting me become a member of the group... Mike

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Re: New member from Indiana

Post by GeoffB » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:52 pm

Hi Mike,

Welcome to the forum! Please have a look at this page for some useful information to get you started, including links to the rules and helpfiles. After your second message has been approved, you will have access to all members' scores and recordings plus the first 3 levels of the Delcamp score collections. After you have posted 20 messages, you can apply for the 020 group, which will give you access to the remaining levels. Just ask if you have any questions. I look forward to seeing you around!

Best wishes,
Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

Mike Kirsch

Post by Mike Kirsch » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:41 pm

Thanks Geoff, I look forward to being a member and finding new and interesting things about classical guitar and music

oski79

Post by oski79 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:24 pm

Mike Kirsch wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:41 pm
Thanks Geoff, I look forward to being a member and finding new and interesting things about classical guitar and music
There's no question you will, Mike! Welcome!
“People may say I can’t sing, but no one can ever say I didn’t sing.” --Florence Foster Jenkins

Return to “Introduce yourself”