Hello from Texas!

Stealthmode Cate

Hello from Texas!

Post by Stealthmode Cate » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:48 am

Hello everyone!

I am so pleased to have found this forum. I’m making a return to the guitar after some time away due to work and an unpleasant bout with shoulder bursitis. I played quite seriously for about eight years or so, including a college music major (I studied audio, not performance!). Classical guitar has always been my main love, but I adore the electric guitar too. The range of sounds you can make with a guitar is just captivating to me.

Right now I’m working on finding a new playing posture that is kinder to my shoulder. I’m getting the Brouwer studies and Ponce preludes back into my hands and just enjoying making some music while I figure out that complicated sitting nonsense!

I play left handed but I am actually a righty. My first guitar belonged to a lefty relative who played for a few months in the 60s. I was self taught so I didn’t really understand that it wasn’t smart to do this until it was too late. Ugh.

I’ve read quite a few posts here before registering and am really excited to join the community!

oski79

Re: Hello from Texas!

Post by oski79 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:03 am

Welcome to Delcamp!

If you haven't already, please take a moment to read this page for a good rundown on how the forum works, rules, history, etc. You have found a great source of classical guitar knowledge, as we have a wide assortment of members, from beginners to performing artists, with a number of fine teachers, historians, and luthiers. So feel free to ask any questions you might have, but consider using the search function first, as many topics have already been discussed at length.

If you participate in other online forums, you might notice that things can occasionally get rather heated. We work hard to keep that from happening on Delcamp. Please read Mssr. Delcamp’s thoughts on the subject.

Please note that there is a requirement to post an average of once a month. Members not meeting this standard may have their memberships terminated.

Adding your location to your profile is a nice touch. Many of us have made new friends from doing just that.

Again, welcome to the forum!

Regards,

oski79
“People may say I can’t sing, but no one can ever say I didn’t sing.” --Florence Foster Jenkins

jgiddings

Post by jgiddings » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:46 pm

Welcome to Delcamp, where many share your love of the guitar.
Lots of great links, stories, ideas, videos, and scores available here (plus, many guitarists from the Lone Star State).
Glad you're here, too.

Best,
-JG

fraim

Post by fraim » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:06 am

hello & welcome from the Big D

portalesman

Post by portalesman » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:48 pm

Hi! Spend some time looking around to get the most of the site. Welcome!!
Alvarez MC90

Chris54698

Post by Chris54698 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:28 pm

Hi!!

Stealthmode Cate

Post by Stealthmode Cate » Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:18 am

Thanks so much for the welcome!

Return to “Introduce yourself”