Hello from Storrs-Mansfield, CT, home of the UConn Huskies

barefootdesigns

Hello from Storrs-Mansfield, CT, home of the UConn Huskies

Post by barefootdesigns » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:28 pm

Well, I'm a luthier. Been at it full time for about 20 years. Before that I was a career technical writer/editor in the computer field--also given to other types of writing as well. I do a lot of restoration, particularly on older classical/flamenco guitars and lawsuit guitars from Japan. My flagship guitar is called the El Class, a thinline, hollowbody, 28 to 31-fret A/E clalssical with external bracing and some other rather radical innovations. I'm a pretty bad guitarist despite a lifetime of trying; for the past couple of decades I've become a drummer--specializing in djembe and West African music. LOVE IT! Also, I'm a drum builder, long-time leather worker, avid photographer, and a huge fan of the UConn Huskies women's basketball team.

So why am I here? Luthiers, especially those who work alone like me, need to reach out to other luthiers and share information, which creates online conversations. Thank you for letting me participate in your forum. I promise to behave! :D
Carla Kelly
stellar class portrait.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

George Crocket

Re: Hello from Storrs-Mansfield, CT, home of the UConn Huskies

Post by George Crocket » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:57 am

Hi Carla. Welcome to the Delcamp classical guitar forum.

Please start at at our welcome page where there is more information about the forum and its rules.

You need a 2nd post to activate some of the basic functions of the forum, and 20 posts to subscribe to the 020 usergroup for more privileges (see here).

Doubtless our Luthiers forum will interest you.

It is helpful if members include their location in their Profile - click on your username and edit.

Enjoy your visits.
George
2010 Stephen Eden spruce/cocobolo classical guitar
2012 Stephen Eden cedar/IRW classical guitar

Return to “Introduce yourself”