Helloooo from Staffordshire UK.

Boothy

Helloooo from Staffordshire UK.

Post by Boothy » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:13 am

Hello members,
I started to learn classical guitar when I retired nearly 3 years ago, having never touched an instrument before. A (very) generous colleague gave me a classical guitar of his when I left, so thought it was time to start giving it a go! I've hardly missed a day's practice since then. Hard to put it down once you start. Mainly self taught, assistance from brother-in-law and YouTube and rightly or wrongly - use guitar tabs in the main. Occasional attempts at getting to grips with musical notation.

Since then, I've bought a used Valdez model 3 (cedar top), and enjoy practicing various beginner pieces by Carcassi, Carulli, Giuliani etc. I've even had a go at improving / lowering the guitar action by fashioning bone saddle blanks. Enjoyed that - especially since it plays much better ;-)

Also found and brought back to life an old guitar, recently found in a charity shop for £15 (I'll ask about it on the forums) made by Vicente Tatay Tomas ~ 1989. Plays beautifully now.

I look forward to chatting with you on the forums,
All the best,
Dave.

simonm

Re: Helloooo from Staffordshire UK.

Post by simonm » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:44 am

Hi Dave,

Welcome to the forum.

- Once you have had 2 messages approved by the moderators, you will get access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and also be able to post your own scores and recordings.

- To get started please take a look at the new member info here: http://www.classicalguitardelcamp.com/v ... 28&t=36537

- After posting 20 messages, please subscribe to the 020 group. It allows you to download the remaining levels of the Delcamp scores. To subscribe to the 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit. It may take a day or two to be approved.

- It is useful to put your location into your profile so that people can see where you are located. Just click on your name on the right and then on "edit profile".

Regards,

Simon

Boothy

Re: Helloooo from Staffordshire UK.

Post by Boothy » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:10 pm

Thanks for the information, Simon. Much appreciated. I'll update my profile now.
Cheers,
Dave.

Return to “Introduce yourself”