Hi from New Jersey US

MiciDragon

Hi from New Jersey US

Post by MiciDragon » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:45 pm

Hi,

My first contact with guitars was through a shopping window in Poland back in the late 1980s. There was a beautiful 12 sting acoustic in dark red for sale. I think that we went to see the guitar more than 5 times together with my grandfather and we could never decide on it. Good was that, after all 12 stings acoustic isn't really something for a kid.

I have been taught classical guitar in a local musica school for approximately 1 year and then put the guitar down for 25 years or more. Since I don't have any accordion with me here in US, I went back to classical guitar. My main interest is to play sweet classical pieces and at the moment I continue from where I stopped, somewhere at the end of Parkening's first book. Got his second book and I really look forward to dive into those pieces.

Took me a while to get a guitar but I finally landed on a Yamaha CG172SF (to my great surprise). This little box has matte finish which I really like and it is really responsive with the side effects that it brings with it. I thought that I might get into Flamenco one day but I am not sure about that anymore.

I felel excited by joining this forum as I find the information here very valuable.
Talk to you soon.

Until next
MiciDragon

Erik Zurcher

Re: Hi from New Jersey US

Post by Erik Zurcher » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:16 pm

Hello MiciDragon and welcome to Delcamp forum! Enjoy yourself and see you around!

To learn more about this forum and its rules, please have a look at our welcome page

- Once you have had 2 messages approved by the moderators, you will get access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and also be able to post your own scores and recordings.

- After posting 20 messages, please subscribe to the 020 group. It allows you to download the remaining levels of the Delcamp scores. To subscribe to the 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit. It may take a day or two to be approved.

- We advise members to add their location in their profile. To add your location, click on your Username (top right of the page, select User Control Panel, then on the "Profile" tab, and finally type your town and state, or even just your country, into the field next to "Location:"
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

thesixthfret2

Post by thesixthfret2 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:23 pm

Welcome! If you're in New Jersey maybe look up the guitarist Seth Himmelhoch. He teaches at the Thurnaeur school of music there and at a local college that brings in high level guitarists for a yearly festival. There is also the luthier Garrett Lee in Wayne NJ, who is great to know about and makes some wonderful instruments.

FHC

Post by FHC » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:59 pm

Welcome.

Return to “Introduce yourself”