greetings from Puerto Rico

Guthier

greetings from Puerto Rico

Post by Guthier » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:20 pm

Greetings from Puerto Rico

I'm not a guitar player, as a matter of facts I do not play any instrument at all. Guitar playing is my near future as part of my plans for retirement. This will be a two fold objectives project: first will keep my mind active and secondly I hope will provide some enjoyment. I think this forum will be a wonderful place to get acquainted with all topics related with the classical guitar and make some networking.
My particular interest as I progress is in the Brazilian jazz, but initially concentrate on the basics and to get a teacher.
I know this will be a long term commitment and that I will need persistence, perseverance and commitment.
I really appreciate the opportunity to get to this forum

Erik Zurcher

Re: greetings from Puerto Rico

Post by Erik Zurcher » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:39 pm

Hello Guthier and welcome to Delcamp forum! Enjoy yourself and see you around!

To learn more about this forum and its rules, please have a look at our welcome page

- Once you have had 2 messages approved by the moderators, you will get access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and also be able to post your own scores and recordings.

- After posting 20 messages, please subscribe to the 020 group. It allows you to download the remaining levels of the Delcamp scores. To subscribe to the 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit. It may take a day or two to be approved.

- We advise members to add their location in their profile. To add your location, click on your Username (top right of the page, select User Control Panel, then on the "Profile" tab, and finally type your town and state, or even just your country, into the field next to "Location:"
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

altnaez

Post by altnaez » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:28 pm

Welcome to the forum! It can be very helpful in reaching your guitar goals.
Albert

Guthier

Post by Guthier » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:45 pm

Thank you very much for your response, appreciate it

thesixthfret2

Post by thesixthfret2 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:53 pm

Welcome to the forum and good luck on your journey! Lately I've seen many people mention the "keep my mind active" aspect of playing as they get older. I had never really considered this extra benefit of CG study but find it very cool!

adamk

Post by adamk » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:27 pm

Hi Guthier,
It's never too late to start playing the guitar. I hope you find it to be an enchanting experience for you.
Adam

Return to “Introduce yourself”